Why choose LSBU
University of the Year for Graduate Employment two years in a row - The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, 2019
Located minutes from the centre of London, LSBU has been preparing and developing students for their working lives for over 125 years. Here at LSBU we put our students first and almost 2,000 International students from over 130 countries have chosen this University.
Studying an undergraduate degree in Italy and a studentship in the USA, Federica Ceretti believed she needed more and wanted to specialise in marketing. Moving to the UK, she chose LSBU, due to the reputation of our Marketing department and the high rates of employment among our postgraduates.Find many more international student stories in our Story finder.
So much to know about LSBU
We're committed to giving our students the very best opportunities and education. This means we give our students not only the qualifications but the skills and knowledge for their careers.
- Award-winning entrepreneurship
- LSBU has been given the award for Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards. The accolade celebrates the entrepreneurial support offered to students, graduates, staff and the local community led by LSBU’s Research, Enterprise and Innovation team, based at the Clarence Centre for Enterprise and Innovation, with support from academics across LSBU’s seven Schools.
- Real-world courses
- Our teaching practice is informed and many courses offer work experience opportunities. With our strong employer links and numerous partnerships, all of our courses are professionally accredited or developed in partnership with relevant professional bodies. We're University of the Year for Graduate Employment (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018). Download a copy of our latest prospectus for International students (PDF File 7,583 KB) or complete on online course search.
- Scholarships and fee discounts
- We offer a wide range of scholarships and discounts for international students including Nationality Scholarships, fee-discounts for LSBU alumni, plus a 5% discount for early payment of Tuition Fees. To show our commitment, the University has committed over £1m in financial support to help well-qualified students from outside the EU meet their study costs. More about international scholarships.
- First-class facilities
- Whatever the course, we have the facilities to fully support it. Whether you spend time in our research and skills laboratories, workshops, media centre, theatre, library or Learning Resources Centre we have the appropriate technologies and expert support to complete your experience.
We're committed to first-class facilities and have already invested over £50m in student buildings and learning spaces over the last few years. Our new Student Centre opened in September 2012 and The Clarence Centre for Enterprise and Innovation opened in a stylishly-refurbished GradeII listed building in 2013. Read more about our location.
- Teaching and learning excellence
- LSBU has been awarded Silver for teaching excellence under the UK Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Our academic staff deliver an innovative curriculum. All staff enhance professional opportunities by combining their own knowledge of developed practice with education theory. As well as their academic backgrounds, you'll find staff have an impressive range of professional expertise and are often invited to act as consultants for external enterprises. As a leading provider of fully accredited professional courses and excellent industry links, a qualification from LSBU is recognised across the world. Read more about LSBU's partners and affiliates.
- Dedicated welfare and careers advisors
- Our staff have a well deserved reputation for offering personalised student support. Through this they enhance student achievement and satisfaction by providing individual and group tutorials, seminars, workshops, Personal Development Planning, careers sessions and a dedicated School Student Office. More about student support.
Preparatory foundation courses
- International Undergraduate Foundation Programme
- International Diploma Programme
- International Masters Foundation
International One to One appointmentsBook online
27 February 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
28 March 2019Responding to ageing demographics: A positive view from a public administration and public policy perspective.
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
London South Bank first UK University to offer Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeships
7 February 2019
London South Bank University and Lambeth College unite to transform educational opportunities in south London
1 February 2019
LSBU alumnus Stephen Addison honoured for helping young people in East London escape gang culture
29 January 2019
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018