Research Centres and GroupsWe cover a diverse range of themes, providing both depth and range in research excellence
London South Bank University has 15 Research Centres and 37 Research Groups, delivering world-class research in the heart of the world’s most dynamic and diverse city.
The results of LSBU's 2016 Annual University Research Audit (AURA) has helped shape the Centres and Groups to create an environment that maximises the impact and reach of our leading-edge research.
Download Our Research Environment brochure
(PDF File 3,240 KB).
Our Research Centres are externally facing beacons of innovative, timely research, with an international reputation for achievement and innovation. A key role is to catalyse and support collaborations and work with the Research Groups to enable academics to learn from their peers and support the development of early career researchers.
- Centre for Addictive Behaviours Research
- Centre for Applied Research in Improvement and Innovation (CApRII) in Health and Social Care
- Centre for Civil and Buildings Services Engineering (CCiBSE)
- Centre for Construction Management, Economics and Integrated Delivery (CMEID)
- Centre for Social Justice and Global Responsibility
- Centre for the Study of the Networked Image
- Cognitive Systems Research Centre
- Creative Technologies Research Centre
- Evaluation and Trials Unit
- London Centre for Business and Entrepreneurship Research
- London Centre for Energy Engineering
- Nathu Puri Institute for Engineering and Enterprise
- PHIRST South Bank
- South Bank Applied BioEngineering Research (SABER)
- Sport and Exercise Science Research Centre
- The BSRIA LSBU Net Zero Building Centre
Our Groups are organised according to the University's academic Schools and enable researchers to cohere around emerging research themes to catalyse new projects and develop new research strengths. They help us to provide a research environment that is both inclusive and dynamic.
Learn more about the Schools' Research Groups: