AccommodationOur student residences provide an affordable, convenient home in the centre of London
LSBU has four halls of residence right in the heart of central London, giving students a perfectly-located yet safe and comfortable base. All of our halls are within a 10-minute walk of our Southwark campus.
Our residences have great public transport connections, whether you’re travelling by bus, train or London Underground, and are a close to many of London's key attractions and amenities.
We have over 1,400 single bedrooms spread across four buildings. Each single occupancy, self-catered room features:
- A choice of en-suite or standard room
- Wi-Fi internet and access to the University network
- On-site laundry facilities
- on-site management teams and on-call staff for emergencies
All rooms are non-smoking and have access to a kitchen. Flats accommodate between two and nine residents, depending on the building.
We also now offer a limited number of Queen and Premium bedrooms. Queen bedrooms are larger rooms with a queen-sized bed and our premium rooms have been furnished to a high standard and are available with standard or queen-size beds.
If you're studying at our Havering campus, we'll help you find safe and affordable private accommodation.
First year accommodation
International students attending the University for the first time are guaranteed accommodation if they meet the allocation criteria and apply to our Accommodation Office by 1 August.
Priority for rooms is given to first year undergraduate and postgraduate students attending the University for the first time and who live furthest away from our London campus. If you hold a conditional offer with LSBU you may have to wait until late August/September before we are able to process your application. The Accommodation Service will contact you directly if this is the case.
Our Accommodation Service:
- processes applications to live in LSBU's halls of residence, and allocates and offers places.
- provides an information and advice service about alternative accommodation options.
They cannot offer any legal advice but is your first point of call for basic information and assistance.
- Students with disabilities
The University has a number of bedrooms adapted for students with disabilities. If you need adaptations or adjustments made to your accommodation, contact the Accommodation team.
Students with a disability can also contact the Disability and Dyslexia Support team for advice on 020 7815 6454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private accommodation
- If you'd prefer to rent privately, the Accommodation Service has information and guides to help.
- Couples/families/single parents
- The University does not have suitable accommodation on campus for couples or single parents. However, the Accommodation Service can provide private accommodation lists.
London South Bank University
103 Borough Road
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6417 / 6412 / 6424
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7815 7099