AccommodationOur student residences provide an affordable, convenient home in the centre of London Apply for accommodation
LSBU has four halls of residence right in the heart of central London, giving students a perfectly-located yet safe and comfortable base. All of our halls are within a 10-minute walk of our Southwark campus.
Our residences have great public transport connections, whether you’re travelling by bus, train or London Underground, and are a close to many of London's key attractions and amenities.
We have over 1,400 single occupancy bedrooms spread across the four self-catered halls. Our residences feature:
- A choice of en-suite or standard room
- Rooms with single or queen beds (queen rooms are limited)
- Shared kitchen facilities
- Wi-Fi internet and access to the University network
- Communal common areas
- On-site laundry facilities
- on-site management teams, wellbeing support and on-call staff for emergencies
All rooms are non-smoking and have access to a kitchen. Flats accommodate between two and nine residents, depending on the building.
Alongside our standard single bed offering, we also offer a limited number of Queen and Premium bedrooms. Queen bedrooms are larger rooms with a queen-sized bed and our premium rooms have been furnished to a high standard and are available with standard or queen-size beds.
If you're studying at our Havering campus, we'll help you find safe and affordable private accommodation.
First year accommodation
LSBU aims to prioritise accommodation allocation to all first year full time students for September entry, with an unconditional offer who have firmly accepted through the UCAS application process by the agreed deadline date of 17:00 hours on 10 June 2020.
LSBU do not allocate on ‘first come first served’ but allocates on the priority order identified in section 3 of the LSBU Accommodation Allocation Policy (PDF File 158 KB).
Our Accommodation Service:
- processes applications to live in LSBU's halls of residence, and allocates and offers places.
- provides an information and advice service about alternative accommodation options.
They cannot offer any legal advice but is your first point of call for basic information and assistance.
- Students with disabilities
The University has a number of bedrooms adapted for students with disabilities. If you need adaptations or adjustments made to your accommodation, contact the Accommodation team.
Students with a disability can also contact the Disability and Dyslexia Support team for advice on 020 7815 6454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private accommodation
- If you'd prefer to rent privately, the Accommodation Service has information and guides to help.
- Couples/families/single parents
- The University does not have suitable accommodation on campus for couples or single parents. However, the Accommodation Service can provide private accommodation lists.
London South Bank University
103 Borough Road
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6417 / 6412 / 6424
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7815 7099