Disability and dyslexia supportWe offer screenings for specific learning difficulties Browse FAQs
London South Bank University is committed to ensuring that students with any disability have equal access to all teaching and learning – and an equal opportunity to show their skills, reach their potential and excel in their chosen field.
We work closely with academic teams and relevant colleagues to ensure that you are fully included in the learning experience and can demonstrate your skills and knowledge, whilst also promoting inclusive practice across the institution.
Disability & Dyslexia Support (DDS) is a dedicated service for students who have a long term condition (has lasted or expected to last longer than 12 months). This includes conditions such as:
- Specific learning differences including dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, and attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder (ADHD)
- Physical or mobility difficulties
- Students who are blind or partially sighted, or are D/deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Mental health conditions
- A long term health condition such as diabetes, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, HIV, cancer and cancer survivors
- Asperger’s and autistic spectrum condition (ASC).
Any student with a disability, including EU and International students, can register for support with DDS and have access to LSBU’s assistive technology, equipment, and services.
Screenings for Specific Learning Differences (SpLD)
We also offer screenings for specific learning differences (such as dyslexia) and provide funding for a formal assessment where appropriate.
Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)
In addition to reasonable adjustments for your course, Home students may be eligible to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) from Student Finance.
For an initial appointment about potential support arrangements or for further information about support available please contact us:
Current LSBU students
All current LSBU students have a MyAccount that you can use to make appointments
with a disability advisor, view the support arrangements we have in place for you or ask
a question. See the help guides: How to use MyAccount as a student and How to book
an appointment in MyAccount. Can’t log in to MyAccount? See this help guide.
T: 020 7815 6454
Or visit the Student Life Centre Helpdesk in person
- LSBU is committed to equal access across campus. Read our AccessAble to see summaries of our venues' accessibility and key features.