Facts and Figures
Responding to the challenge of a rapidly changing higher education landscape
LSBU's Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 sets out how the University will achieve its vision of becoming London's top modern university by 2020.
The strategy builds on the University's strengths by focusing on our ability to enhance student success, deliver real world impact and provide genuine access to opportunity through academic activity and links to business and the professions.
Download our Annual Review (PDF File 1,329 KB).
In 2016, LSBU was named the top London modern university for graduate prospects (The Sunday Times) and the Entrepreneurial University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards).
Download the Research, Enterprise and Innovation team's Annual Review (PDF File 3,383 KB).
This Annual Review charts the successes of the Research, Enterprise and Innovation Department, as it prioritises investment into eight key research themes.
This year we have hosted dozens of visits from representatives of government, business and educational and skills organisations wanting to know more about what we are doing.
As we talk to them it is clear that much of our work is innovative and highly regarded.Professor David Phoenix, Vice-Chancellor.
London South Bank University (LSBU) considers financial sustainability, particularly in the current climate of uncertainty and change, as absolutely fundamental to delivering its mission of supporting students to achieve professional success.
As well as the efficiency programme which has saved £6m, we have also developed plans to deliver a prudent sustainable annual operating surplus, which has enabled us to manage uncertainty as we invest for the future and continue to strengthen the quality of support given to students.
Developing facilities and infrastructure
The University is constantly looking to develop and extend the benefits of its location and the features of its varied landscape. This leads us to create innovative new buildings, redevelop Grade II-listed properties and carry out a programme of changes and improvements that constantly further enhance our student offer. Read more about campus developments.
Fully complying with HEFCE requirements, below are copies of the University's annual Financial Statements, dating back to the 2009/10 academic period. The document is a review of our financial year and includes:
- Balance Sheets
- Consolidated income and expenditure account
- Independent Auditor's report
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2016 (PDF File 919 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2015 (PDF File 13,806 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2014 (PDF File 9,031 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2013 (PDF File 7,012 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2012 (PDF File 7,715 KB)
- Download - Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2011 (PDF File 20,726 KB)
- Download - Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2010 (PDF File 4,200 KB)
LSBU reimburses the travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the Vice Chancellor on LSBU business.
LSBU's Financial Regulations set out the guidelines for expenses claims.
The Vice Chancellor's expense reports will be published periodically.
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses - summary 2011 to 2014 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2013 (PDF File 191 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2013 (PDF File 188 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 2013 (PDF File 189 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2012 (PDF File 244 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2012 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2012 (PDF File 27 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2011 (PDF File 23 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2011 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2011 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2010 (PDF File 45 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2010 (PDF File 52 KB)
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
9 November 2017Exploring Quantile Dependence in financial Markets – part of our research seminar programme
20 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU
21 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 2)
22 November 2017Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
22 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 3)
22 November 2017Teaching EU law after Brexit and after Changes to Legal Training
22 November 2017Train to teach at LSBU
22 November 2017A Cultural Conversation: dialogue across television industry, academia and audiences
22 November 2017Drop-in session for CIPD approved courses
23 November 2017The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017
LSBU celebrates 125 year Anniversary with Parliamentary reception
9 November 2017
LSBU joins global collaborative media network
9 November 2017
LSBU nursing lecturer Liza Mitchell-Worsfold wins Mary Seacole Award for skin cancer research
3 November 2017
LSBU humanitarian gaming initiative shortlisted for award
31 October 2017
LSBU awarded £49k HEFCE grant to boost ‘Stop the hate trait’ campaign
26 October 2017