How to apply

Follow this simple guide for postgraduate how to apply advice for all taught and research degrees

Taught courses

Home and EU postgraduate students and research students should apply through our dedicated application system.

if you need more information please call our Course Enquiries team (freephone) on 020 7815 7500.

International postgraduate students

If you are an international student (non-EU) please complete the LSBU Online Application Form on the International How to apply page.

If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager team via email or phone +44 (0)20 7815 6189.

Professional qualification exceptions

Some professional qualifications have specific application forms you will need to complete rather than going through the LSBU Online Application Form.

Despite being postgraduate level, applications for the courses below should be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). These courses are listed under undergraduate study level on UCAS search.

MSc Occupational Therapy (FT)
MSc/PgDip Social Work 
MSc Physiotherapy (FT)
MSc Therapeutic Radiography (FT)
PgDip Pre-Registration In Therapeutic Radiography (FT)
PgDip Occupational Therapy (FT)

As these courses qualify students to practice in the UK, applicants from outside the EU who require a permit to work in the UK would not normally be considered to apply. Contact our Course Enquiries team on (free phone) 0808 239 1930 for further details.

Students from EU countries can apply for assistance with Tuition Fees but will not be eligible for a bursary. Students from outside the EU will not receive any assistance with funding or a bursary.

Health and Social Care courses

Some courses offered by our School of Health and Social Care have alternative application methods. Full details are provided in each course entry on our Course Finder.

PgDip Legal Studies

Applications for full-time study on this course should be made through the Central Applications Board.

Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)

Applications for full-time and part-time PGCE courses are made through the UCAS Teacher Training scheme. Students from other EU countries are able to receive the same assistance with tuition fees as Home students – see the Teacher Training Agency for more information. Students from outside the EU will not receive any assistance with funding or a bursary.

Research Degrees

Read full details on how to apply for a Research Degree at LSBU.

Continuing Professional and Personal Development (CPPD)

Search our online CPPD prospectus for your programme, module or study day and follow the online application instructions. If you're being sponsored by your NHS Trust, make sure you discuss your application with your line manager before applying, as your manager will authorise it online through your application.

You'll also need to return a completed Equal Opportunities form (DOC File 326 KB) with your application. If the course you're applying for needs one or more references complete a downloaded Reference Request for Study Form 12/13 (DOC File 342 KB) and our Information for Referees (DOC File 330 KB).

ONCAMPUS London South Bank programmes

Please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS for International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation programme.

Additional information form

Our Additional Information Form must be completed if the course you are applying for requires:

  • details of professional qualifications gained
  • details of qualifications you may be studying for currently
  • an extended personal statement of 1,000 words rather than 200 words

The form should be returned together with the appropriate application form. Download our Additional Information Form 12/13 (DOC File 423 KB).

Employer Sponsored Study

To apply for employer sponsored study, please use our online application system.


The process of applying for an apprenticeship depends on whether you have an employer to sponsor (and support) you. Our how to apply information explains this in more detail. Please check you meet the eligibility requirements and that you have an employer to support you.

When you are ready to apply, you will need to use our online applications system.

Extra support

Disability and dyslexia support

You should disclose a disability, dyslexia, medical or mental health condition on your application form and will then receive a questionnaire from our Disability and Dyslexia Support (DDS) team. They want to know how your disability affects your ability to study and what reasonable adjustments, such as extra time or enlarged text, you need to support your studies.

If you did not disclose a disability at the time of applying and want to do so now, contact Disability and Dyslexia Support on 020 7815 6405.

For applicants with disabilities, additional government funding is available through the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).

Looked After Young People and Care Leavers

If you are a Looked After Young Person or a Care Leaver applying to London South Bank University or wondering what your next step could be then we can help.

To find out what support we offer, please contact:

Student Life Centre
Tel: +44 (0)20 7815 6454

Funding your postgraduate study

For full details about postgraduate funding options, including loans, doctoral loans and our Graduate Loyalty Scheme discount, visit our Fees and Funding page.