Answering your payment queries
We understand that paying for your accommodation is quite a big deal, so we'll try to answer your questions, but the Accommodation team is always there to help, whenever you need them.
When do I have to start paying?
Once you have accepted your offer and paid the advanced payment of £300 you can start to prepare for you arrival.
According to your offer letter, your remaining accommodation fees are paid in in 3 instalments.
- Instalment 1 Monday 3rd October 2022
- Instalment 2 Monday 9th January 2023
- Instalment 3 Monday 24th April 2023 (less any advanced payment made)
You will be reminded of the payment dates and its really important you keep in touch should you experience any hardship.
How do I pay?
The preferred method is you can pay online and you will need your Student ID number to do this. Please ensure you tick Accommodation Fees otherwise this will delay your payment going on your account.
You can also pay at your Halls reception as they have the facilities to be able to accept payment.
Bank transfer is accepted in some cases (International students who do not have access to UK credit facilities) but you must liaise with the Accommodation Team so they can work with the Finance team. Please be aware this payment method can be delayed.
What is the room advanced payment?
The advanced payment is how we secure your place in our accommodation. Once you have paid the £300 room advanced payment on receiving your accommodation offer, you're all set to start living your London Life.
The advanced payment is refundable, which means it will be taken off your final term's instalment.
- Apply through our Online Accommodation Application Service
- Under the section More information you will see documentation that can be downloaded which is relevant to you whilst you stay in halls.
- If you require any advice or help please visit the Accommodation Office based in the Student Centre or call 020 7815 6417.