Answering your payment queries
We understand that paying for your accommodation is quite a big deal, so we'll try to answer your questions, but the Accommodation team is always there to help, whenever you need them.
The cost of living crisis has had a massive impact on all our lives with everyone looking more closely at budget and spending habits.
Dependent on how you are financed the accommodation fees will be a huge part of your costs before you have event thought about food and social activities. Before you accept your offer of accommodation think about budgeting and plan how you will support yourself.
LSBU recognises the difficulties and living in London doesn’t have to break the bank! Also look at the UCAS for some great ideas!
When do I have to start paying?
Once you have accepted your offer and paid the advanced payment of £300 you can start to prepare for you arrival.
You now have a choice of how you want to pay:
- pay your full years fees by the first instalment
- pay by 9 equal monthly instalments starting in September through to May – dates TBC
- pay by 3 instalments as follows
On your application you are asked to select your preferred option so we can set that up for you. If you don’t not let us know your preferred option you application will automatically default to the 3 termly payment instalments.
The 3 payment instalment dates are as follows:
- Instalment 1 Monday 9th October 2023
- Instalment 2 Monday 8th January 2024
- Instalment 3 Monday 15th April 2024 (less any advanced payment made)
You will be reminded of the payment dates and it’s really important you keep in touch should you experience any hardship.
How do I pay?
The preferred method is you can pay online and you will need your Student ID number to do this. Please ensure you tick Accommodation Fees otherwise this will delay your payment going on your account.
You can also pay at your Halls reception as they have the facilities to be able to accept payment.
Bank transfer and Western Union payments are accepted in some cases (International students who do not have access to UK credit facilities) but you must liaise with the Accommodation Team so they can work with the Finance team. Please be aware this payment method can be delayed.
What is the room advanced payment?
The advanced payment is how we secure your place in our accommodation. Once you have paid the £300 room advanced payment on receiving your accommodation offer, you're all set to start living your London Life.
The advanced payment is refundable, which means it will be taken off your final term's instalment.
Having trouble paying your accommodation fees? Go to Pay Online or email email@example.com for alternative options.
- Apply through our Online Accommodation Application Service
- Under the section More information you will see documentation that can be downloaded which is relevant to you whilst you stay in halls.
- If you require any advice or help please visit the Accommodation Office based in the Student Centre or call 020 7815 6417.