Why choose LSBU
University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
Located minutes from the centre of London, LSBU has been preparing and developing students for their working lives for over 125 years. Here at LSBU we put our students first and almost 2,000 International students from over 130 countries have chosen this University.
Studying an undergraduate degree in Italy and a studentship in the USA, Federica Ceretti believed she needed more and wanted to specialise in marketing. Moving to the UK, she chose LSBU, due to the reputation of our Marketing department and the high rates of employment among our postgraduates.Find many more international student stories in our Case Study finder.
So much to know about LSBU
We're committed to giving our students the very best opportunities and education. This means we give our students not only the qualifications but the skills and knowledge for their careers.
- Award-winning entrepreneurship
- LSBU has been given the award for Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards. The accolade celebrates the entrepreneurial support offered to students, graduates, staff and the local community led by LSBU’s Research, Enterprise and Innovation team, based at the Clarence Centre for Enterprise and Innovation, with support from academics across LSBU’s seven Schools.
- Real-world courses
- Our teaching practice is informed and many courses offer work experience opportunities. With our strong employer links and numerous partnerships, all of our courses are professionally accredited or developed in partnership with relevant professional bodies. We're University of the Year for Graduate Employment (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018). Download a copy of our latest prospectus for International students (PDF File 7,583 KB) or complete on online course search.
- Scholarships and fee discounts
- We offer a wide range of scholarships and discounts for international students including Nationality Scholarships, fee-discounts for LSBU alumni, plus a 5% discount for early payment of Tuition Fees. To show our commitment, the University has committed over £1m in financial support to help well-qualified students from outside the EU meet their study costs. More about international scholarships.
- First-class facilities
- Whatever the course, we have the facilities to fully support it. Whether you spend time in our research and skills laboratories, workshops, media centre, theatre, library or Learning Resources Centre we have the appropriate technologies and expert support to complete your experience.
We're committed to first-class facilities and have already invested over £50m in student buildings and learning spaces over the last few years. Our new Student Centre opened in September 2012 and The Clarence Centre for Enterprise and Innovation opened in a stylishly-refurbished GradeII listed building in 2013. Read more about our latest campus developments and location.
- Teaching and learning excellence
- LSBU has been awarded Silver for teaching excellence under the UK Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Our academic staff deliver an innovative curriculum. All staff enhance professional opportunities by combining their own knowledge of developed practice with education theory. As well as their academic backgrounds, you'll find staff have an impressive range of professional expertise and are often invited to act as consultants for external enterprises. As a leading provider of fully accredited professional courses and excellent industry links, a qualification from LSBU is recognised across the world. Read more about LSBU's partners and affiliates.
- Dedicated welfare and careers advisors
- Our staff have a well deserved reputation for offering personalised student support. Through this they enhance student achievement and satisfaction by providing individual and group tutorials, seminars, workshops, Personal Development Planning, careers sessions and a dedicated School Student Office. More about student support.
Preparatory foundation courses
- International Undergraduate Foundation Programme
- International Diploma Programme
- International Masters Foundation
Course Enquiries - International
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6189Get in touch
International One to One appointmentsBook online
9 November 2017Exploring Quantile Dependence in financial Markets – part of our research seminar programme
20 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU
21 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 2)
22 November 2017Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
22 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 3)
22 November 2017Teaching EU law after Brexit and after Changes to Legal Training
22 November 2017Train to teach at LSBU
22 November 2017A Cultural Conversation: dialogue across television industry, academia and audiences
22 November 2017Drop-in session for CIPD approved courses
23 November 2017The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017
LSBU celebrates 125 year Anniversary with Parliamentary reception
9 November 2017
LSBU joins global collaborative media network
9 November 2017
LSBU nursing lecturer Liza Mitchell-Worsfold wins Mary Seacole Award for skin cancer research
3 November 2017
LSBU humanitarian gaming initiative shortlisted for award
31 October 2017
LSBU awarded £49k HEFCE grant to boost ‘Stop the hate trait’ campaign
26 October 2017