Board of GovernorsOur Board of Governors is the governing body of LSBU
The Board as a whole is collectively responsible for promoting the success of the University by leading and supervising its affairs. The Board is responsible for:
- the effective stewardship of the university to secure its sustainability over the medium and long term;
- safeguarding the mission of the university and the services it provides for the public benefit;
- securing the proper and effective use of public funds and accounting to stakeholders and society for institutional performance;
- fostering an educational environment that enables students to succeed; and
- setting the values and standards of the University and ensures that its obligations to its stakeholders are understood and met.
The Board takes all final decisions on matters of fundamental concern to the University. The Board has adopted a Statement of Primary Responsibilities (DOC File 28 KB).
The Board meets five times per year plus two strategy days. Minutes of Board meetings are available to view. Confidential items are subject to redaction within the spirit of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Much of the Board's business is delegated to Committees. Details of their terms of reference, membership and minutes are available to view.
Membership of the Board is made up of Independent Governors, Student Governors, Staff Governors, and the Vice Chancellor. Independent Governors are external and independent of the University. All governors are required to declare any interests they have outside the University which are disclosed in our Register of Interests (PDF File 206 KB). You can also see which external charities governors and trustees are affiliated to in our charity compliance document (PDF File 60 KB).
- Jerry Cope - Chairman of the Board and Pro Chancellor
- Douglas Denham St Pinnock - Vice ChairSteve Balmont
- Duncan Brown
- Michael Cutbill
- Peter Fidler
- Dr Mee Ling Ng OBE
- Prof. Hilary McCallion CBE
- Jeremy Parr
- John Cole
- Mark Lemmon
- Rashda Rana
- Deepa Shah
- Vinay Tanna
- Tony Roberts
- Nelly Kibirige
- Nazene Smout
- James Stevenson