Mayor’s Academies Programme – LSBU Green Skills HubThe Mayor’s Academies Programme is one of four project strands under the London Recovery Programme’s Good Work for All mission.
What is the Mayor’s Academies Programme?
The Mayor’s Academies Programme is one of four project strands under the London Recovery Programme’s Good Work for All mission. The programme will focus on coordinating and quality marking training in London (including adult education) and providing bespoke support to help newly skilled people into work in sectors key to London’s recovery including hospitality, creative, digital, green, health and social care. To find out more please click here.
What is the LSBU Green Skills Hub?
The Hub aims to lead on the move to the green economy and net zero with a focus on the skills needs of the residents and businesses of the local tri-boroughs (Lambeth, Lewisham & Southwark).
The project’s vision encompasses:
- A drive to support the Net Zero agenda and local authority/partner climate change strategies.
- Green economy growth, emphasising support for 11 partner/50 new employers to be embedded within the project, enabling two-way support.
- Green jobs growth focusing on good work standard, providing 382 jobs/apprenticeships and 119 work placements.
- Green skills growth and a strong offer of greened skills and new green provision, with 1,230 qualifications provided and six new qualifications implemented.
- A programme of sector-specific marketing and engagement, growing the pipeline of talent, including Apprenticeships and Jobs Fairs, schools programme, employer workshops.
- An embedded diversity offer – a minimum 50% BAME, women, unemployed and economically inactive people, those earning less than London Living Wage, 16-25-year-olds, over-50s, lone parents, carers, and deaf and disabled people, plus employer diversity support including 50 working with WIN Design Labs and/or diversity toolkits.
What areas will the LSBU Green Skills Hub focus on?
The Green sector is broad, and the Greater London Authority (GLA) has identified areas where there is high or growing demand for skills and jobs, including (but not limited to):
- Green Construction - covering energy-efficient retrofitting (e.g. insulation and heat pump installation), low-carbon transport (e.g. Electric Vehicle maintenance and charging points) and active travel infrastructure (e.g. cycle paths)
- Green Spaces and Resilience - building on the work of the London Green Spaces Commission
- Waste Reduction and Recycling – and driving activity towards the circular economy
- Green roles in other sectors – e.g. energy systems, district energy networks, water management and logistics
Our Strategic Partners
To hear what our strategic partners have to say, please click here
In this section
- Mayor's Construction Academy (MCA)
- Why choose us?
- Benefits of apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship standards
- Levy and funding
- Eligibility requirements
- Steps to offering an apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship recruitment stages
- Your commitment
- Businesses we work with
- Keep informed
- Subcontract Statement
- Mayor’s Academies Programme – LSBU Green Skills Hub
- Apprenticeship support for Southwark Residents