London South Bank University (LSBU) is required to adopt a Publication Scheme in line with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The Scheme is a guide to information routinely held and made available to the public. From January 2009 the University adopted the Model Publication Scheme produced by the Information Commissioner for Higher Education, published in the summer of 2008.
Who we are and what we do
Below is a list of organisational information concerning structures, locations and contacts.
- Legal framework
- The legal and corporate status of the institution is outlined in the Governance section of this website.
- How the institution is organised
- In the About us section of our website you will find an introduction to the University's structures, including:
Location and contact details
Lists of information relating to organisations which the university has responsibility for, those it works in partnership with, those it sponsors and companies wholly owned by it.
There is a formal relationship between London South Bank University and its Students' Union.
- Visit the Students' Union website
- Read our Student Charter on MyLSBU
- View the Students' Union Code of Practice (PDF File 19 KB).
Read content on sports below.
What we spend and how we spend it
Here you'll find financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
- Read the University's latest financial statements and find out about Tuition Fees for LSBU's undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Review our Executive expenses from past years.
- Budgetary and account information
- See Financial accounts dating back to the 2009/10 academic year.
- Audit committee
- The Audit Committee oversees LSBU's audit activities including auditing the financial statements, appointing the internal and external auditors and advising the Board of Governors on the effectiveness of the internal control system.
- Capital programme
- See Budgetary and account information above.
- Financial regulations and financial resources
- Read the University's Financial Regulations (PDF File 618 KB) and our financial statements.
- Staff pay and grading structures
- Download a copy of the university's salary scales and London weighting details from our Human Resources website, New Appointees page. A listing of staff numbers on each grade is also available for download as well as other important information on recruitment etc.
Procurement, tender and contract information
Full information on how opportunities and contracts are organised at LSBU can be found on our Procurement pages. Also read our Financial Regulations (PDF File 618 KB). The Corporate Procurement Unit offers a range of support. Contact any member of the unit in the first instance and they will direct you to the team member best able to help.
- Main funding bodies
- Higher Education Funding Council for England: HEFCE.
- Research Councils
- Arts and Humanities Research Council: AHRC
Economic and Social Research Council: ESRC
Doctoral Training Accounts: TDA
What our priorities are and how we are doing
This is an outline of strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews
- Annual Accounts and the Annual Review are available from Facts and Figures section of the website.
Corporate and business plans
The Corporate Strategy responds to the challenges of a rapidly changing education section. Read the University's Corporate Strategy.
Academic quality and standards, including review procedures
- The Educational Character Committee advises the Board of Governors on the educational character and academic strategy of the University. It allows governors to increase their understanding of the academic life of the University.
- We are always keen to develop links with industry not only to provide jobs and career opportunities for students but to meet your recruitment needs by providing a pool of talented and inspired individuals to help grow your business. Find out how to employ our students.
Government and regulatory reports
- Information that the university is legally obliged to make available to its funding and/or monitoring bodies. Such material may provide information as to how well the university is performing.
- The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) has produced an Institutional Review on the university. The Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED) has produced reports on standards of teacher training. The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) produces various statistics about the University.
How we make decisions
Information around decision making processes and how decisions are recorded.
- Board of Governors
- Our Board of Governors is the executive governing body of London South Bank University and as such is responsible for ensuring the effective management of the University and planning its future development. Read about our Board of Governors.
- Minutes from governing body, Council / Senate
- Comprehensive minutes from our Board of Governors meetings and the Committees they sit on are regularly updated to the website. Read minutes.
- Appointment committees and procedures
- Read minutes from our Human Resources Committee.
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering services and responsibilities.
Policies and procedures for conducting university business
- Admissions and Enrolment Procedure (PDF File 194 KB)
- Applicant Complaints and Appeals
of Admission Decision Procedure (PDF File 127 KB)
- Anti-bribery policy (PDF File 58 KB)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (PDF File 73 KB)
- Corporate Strategy
Procedures and Policies relating to students and their experience
- Academic Misconduct (SPC4) (PDF File 244 KB)
- Academic Regulations (PDF File 806 KB)
- Assessment and Examinations Procedure (PDF File 430 KB)
- Student Academic Appeals Procedure
(PDF File 123 KB)
- Student Charter
- Student Complaints Procedure (PDF File 218 KB)
- Student Extenuating Circumstances Procedure (PDF File 310 KB)
- Student Disciplinary Procedure (PDF File 177 KB)
- Student Handbook - Welcome Guide for New Students (PDF File 1,802 KB)
- Student Enrolment Declaration (PDF File 182 KB)
Procedures and policies relating to human resources
Procedures and policies relating to recruitment
Code of conduct for members of governing bodies
- Read terms of reference for the University Board of Governors and find out more about our members' interests away from the university.
Equality and Diversity
Health and Safety
Estates and Facilities
The Environment Policy underpins the Sustainable Development Strategy. The Environment Policy is supported by a detailed Environmental Strategy and a series of Plans outlining implementation strategy and time bound targets. The Environmental Policy is reviewed annually. Environmental policy (PDF File 451 KB).
- Freedom of Information complaints procedure (PDF File 55 KB)
- Student complaints procedure - available on MyLSBU
Records management and personal data policies
- Records Management Policy (PDF File 55 KB)
- Corporate Records Retention Schedule (DOC File 1,147 KB)
- Student Records Retention Schedule (PDF File 253 KB)
Research policy and strategy
Charging regimes and policies
LSBU does not currently charge for information listed in the Publication Scheme. If a request is made for information not in the Scheme, the University will still provide the information free of charge provided the time spent to do so is within the Appropriate Limit in the Freedom of Information Act Fees Regulations. The University will normally not agree with the applicant to provide additional information for a fee.
Honorary Degrees and Fellowships
Search for past recipients of Honorary Awards and Degrees in our People Finder.
Lists and registers
This includes, but is not confined to, information we are currently legally required to hold in publicly available registers.
- Asset registers
- The Asset Register of the University buildings is incorporated in its infrastructure strategy and the new Estate Management as above.
- Disclosure logs
- The University has no disclosure logs.
- Register of gifts and hospitality provided to senior personnel
- The University has not included its register of gifts and hospitality provided to senior personnel in the publication scheme. See the University's Financial Regulations (PDF File 618 KB) and Anti-Bribery Policy (PDF File 58 KB).
- Any register of interests kept in the university
- Latest Register of Interests of the Board and Executive (PDF File 239 KB) 2012/13
The services we offer
Information about the services we offer, including leaflets, guidance and newsletters.
Services for outside bodies
Welfare and counselling
We offer a wealth of information around the areas of welfare and counselling.
- Advice for students – Home & EU call 020 7815 6454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, International call 020 7815 7036/6156 or email email@example.com
- Student finance advice
- Postgraduate fees and funding
- Faith – call 020 7815 6419
Health including medical services
The University has an employability and careers service which is a professional information, advice and guidance service, offering a range of services, free-of-charge, to staff, students and recent graduates. For more information about employability and careers call 020 7815 6454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The chaplaincy team seeks to initiate and support activities within the University for those who want opportunities to pray, worship, study and discuss issues relevant to faith or to explore wider questions of spiritual significance. Find out more by calling 020 7815 6419.
Services the university is entitled to recover a fee for together with those fees
- Undergraduate fees information
- Postgraduate fees information
- How to pay undergraduate fees
- How to pay postgraduate fees
- Certification and Transcripts information on MyLSBU, student portal
- Facilities and Venue hire
- Sports Centre membership
- Academy of Sports
Sports and recreational facilities
- Academy of Sports
- Sports Centre membership
- Recreational facilities – call 020 7815 6454 for more information
All University students are members of International Students House (ISH). ISH is a unique social, cultural and recreational centre in the heart of London open all year round.
Museums, libraries, special collections and archives
London South Bank University has no museum.
Advice, guidance, local campaigns, opportunities and media releases
- What's on
- British Youth Opera
- Confucius Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Disability and Dyslexia Support (DDS) – for information call 020 7815 6454 or email email@example.com
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
- London Food Centre
- Accommodation Office
Copyright and the Publication Scheme
Information available through the scheme is protected by copyright of London South Bank University unless otherwise indicated. The information contained in such copyright protected material may be used but not copied, distributed or published in any format or medium. If you use any of the information available through the scheme, or distribute it to others or republish it, you must identify the source of the material and acknowledge its copyright status.
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019