Data collection and GDPRYour data will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Why do we collect data?
We collect data from people who participate in our activities for several reasons,
- Health and safety if these events are happening on LSBU premises, or LSBU staff are responsible for the safety of the participants while off-site with them.
- To report back to the Office for Students (OfS) on our work to widen access to HE for learners from under-represented backgrounds.
- To research, monitor and track the short-term and long-term impact of our activities to ensure they are as effective and beneficial as possible.
All reporting and research is anonymous. Your data will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All data is held and processed in line with the University’s Data Protection Policy, which can be found on our website. All data which we receive from you is kept securely and only used for legitimate purposes.
How do we collect and keep your data safe?
We collect data in several different ways depending on the activity,
- Online data collection forms completed by the participant before the activity takes place – Year 9 and above.
- Online or paper data collection form completed by the parent/carer before the activity takes place – Year 8 and below.
- Online, paper or in-person feedback after the activity has taken place e.g. feedback forms, focus groups.
- Basic information supplied via secure platform/email from the school e.g. register.
Your personal data is held securely on LSBU’s CRM and digital engagement platforms such as Gecko which are used to collect the data through the online forms. There are a limited number of LSBU staff who have access to this data, all have received data protection training. Where data is not held on our servers, we use systems that are secure cloud based, and password protected.
Who can I speak to at LSBU for more information?
If you have questions about data and evaluation please do not hesitate to contact Jenny Tait, Senior Manager Student Recruitment & Outreach at LSBU, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data do we collect?
The data we collect varies depending on the activity or project you/your learners/your child take part in. Some of this is mandatory for participation in certain projects, others such as marketing permissions are optional.
Data we collect
Why we collect it
Date of birth
School or college, if applicable
Ethnicity including whether participants are from the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showman or Boater communities
Whether or not the participant is eligible for, or receiving, free school meals
Does the participant currently live in care, or have they ever lived in care
Does the participant have any caring responsibilities at home e.g. caring for a parent
Does the participant consider themselves to have a disability, long-term illness or mental illness
If the participant’s parents/carers have ever studied at university
If the participants are refugees or asylum seekers
Photo and video permission – always optional
Marketing permission – always optional
Emergency contact details