Our facilitiesEnvironments to learn, study and socialise together
Each of our Schools offers unique and exciting facilities, designed to improve your learning experience and make you industry-ready. From film studios to engineering labs, electron microscopes to design workshops and hospital simulations, our teaching provides you with real world, cutting-edge facilities and equipment.
- We are home to the only anechoic chamber in London for environmental and building acoustic studies, and our architecture studio enjoys views of many of London’s landmark buildings.
- The Digital Architecture and Robotics Lab (DARLAB) allows research in the field of robotics advanced manufacturing and simulation.
- Our Building Information Modelling (BIM) Centre uses the latest software, 3D printers and scanners to explore integrated delivery, simulation and BIM.
- Our engineering workshops feature specialist large-scale equipment, including the latest Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining technology and industry-standard lathes. These are regularly used by our experienced design and engineering students to produce intricate models for their practical work.
- The Health and Social Care facilities include a range of innovative clinical or simulated environments that help you to practice and develop the necessary skills for their chosen careers. From sophisticated skills laboratories, with life-like hospital wards, simulated patients and a radiography-testing suite with the latest 3D imaging.
- Elephant Studios is a modern hub where a community of creative talent can learn and collaborate using the latest industry standard equipment.
- The Business School moved into its new home in 2019, complete with modern flexible teaching rooms, event and networking space, state-of-the-art technology and a wellbeing zone.
- We have practical areas specially designed to create scenarios you'll find in the workplace. Some highlights include purpose-built classrooms for ICT, maths, research, PE and dance students on our Education courses.
- Our crime scene workshop gives our criminology students something to think about, as they collect samples and evidence to help solve the crime.
ZONES to play, learn and study
ZONES is our learning environment transformation programme and one of the biggest and most exciting projects in LSBU's history. We’ve invested over £65million on our London campus over the past few years to create dedicated zones to support every aspect of student life.
By September 2021 the London Road Building will be completely renovated, setting the bar for modern campuses in south London, complete with a modern library, state-of-the-art sports centre and catering options to support a healthy lifestyle. That’s not to mention being a highly sustainable building, intending to obtain a Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) rating of "Very Good" through the use of modern material, utilising natural light and having more space for bicycle storage.
Explore our labs and other fantastic facilities or step inside our campus on a virtual tour.
Student Life Centre
The Student Life Centre (SLC) is space for socialising, key student services and employability support.
Get together with friends and grab lunch in Grads Café, which serves hot food all day, or have a drink in The Venue Bar. The SLC is also home to our Students' Union and the 85+ student-run clubs and societies on campus.
Our dedicated and experienced Careers Service helps you find work placements and jobs with top blue chip companies and valued public and voluntary organisations. Their professional vacancy handling service for LSBU graduates and students helps them find suitable full-time and part-time work, work experience, placements, temporary and vocational work.
Student Enterprise is also on hand to help with employability, and our Students' Union runs an Entrepreneurship Society.
Read more about our Student Services.
Library and Learning Resource
We have a library on each campus - Southwark, Havering and Croydon. Between them we offer over 1000 study spaces, 120,000 electronic journals and databases plus over 195,000 books. In our libraries, you will find open-access PCs and Apple Macs, specialist software packages, laptop loans and printers.
Our Information Skills Librarians offer support with using the library for research, plus referencing.
The Skills for Learning team can help with getting to grips with academic writing, maths and statistics skills.
The Digital Skills Training team will support you with using the university IT platforms and essential software like Microsoft office.
Whether studying at work, home or university you can access support and resources on the University's library pages.
Our four halls of residence are all close to our main Southwark campus and designed to be a good introduction to living away from home. Our accommodation includes communal areas for socialising and a choice of room types to suit a range of budgets. Each of our halls is within a 10-minute walk of our campus, whilst also providing easy access to some of London’s best restaurants, bars, theatres, museums and cultural attractions.
Read more about our residences.