Your learning materials are available on the Virtual Learning Environment so you can access them any time. Seminars make use of group-work and discussions, workshops and computer lab work.
Business students benefit from a number of facilities and software available within the LSBU Business School, but are also host to a whole number of extracurricular activities that help prepare students for the world of work.
Below is a list of extracurricular activities which students can get involved in, utilising the facilities which we have available, to make the learning process at LSBU much more practical and hands-on.
- MyMathLabGlobal – a global online learning tool that enables students to learn online, undertake tutorials and assessments, ultimately encouraging student success.
- The BE Programme – our BE programme provides a whole range of activities
- Institute of Directors (IoD) – our close relationship with the IoD results in regular networking events with senior IoD members, entry into the Young Director of the Year award, membership with the IoD, and access to all of their great resources.
- Business Solutions Centre - Students of LSBU’s Business School offer a free drop-in service to local businesses.
- Live Projects – students benefit from live projects with real businesses who present problems and students have to suggest solutions. In 2017, they worked with London Met, and this year they worked on a English heritage clothing company, just to name two.
- Hackathons – an event, which brings students together to solve a business problem over a short period, you will need to think fast and work as a team to come up with an innovative solution!
- ILX courses – We provide a number of accredited courses, which prepare students for project management, a crucial skill respected within the business sector.
- Learn a language – students will have the opportunity to learn another language, an invaluable skill in a global city. Another language is just another skill we can support you with, supporting you for future career success.
As an undergraduate student in LSBU Business School, your personal development and wellbeing is very important to us, so we have developed a personal tutoring system that is tailored to your individual and group needs.
Firstly, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will be available to you on a 1:1 basis as well as facilitating group personal tutoring sessions which will be designed to enhance your academic and personal development within your degree programme.
In addition to an allocated personal tutor, there will also be a personal tutor available ‘on call’ in a designated room, called ‘Talk’, for confidential 1:1 pastoral care meetings every day of the academic semester from 9am to 8pm. This personal tutor can be seen by appointment or within a few minutes in order to assist you with any concerns that you may have.
Our personal tutoring motto is that we want you to "Achieve, Succeed & Excel".
Students in their first year of an undergraduate degree will also benefit from our BE programme. This programme is a proactive approach to student development that draws out our students' potential through a process of self-analysis, reflection, planning and action, enabling students to discover and decide upon their required needs.