Passport and visa


Get in touch

If you’re thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.

Entry requirements

Please note the entry requirements below are general guidelines and each application will be assessed on individual merit. Alternative qualifications may be accepted. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact us at

If your first language is not English then you may be required to hold a recognised English language qualification. To check you have the correct qualifications download information on our English Language Requirements (PDF File 124 KB).

Undergraduate entry requirements

Each course entry in our Course Finder represents entry requirements and the table below shows the equivalent for your country. You may also need to meet the specific subject requirements if this is a requirement of the course.

UK Entry LevelSwedish EquivalentGrade
AABHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 17.5 [B] - VG
ABBHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 17 [B] - VG
BBBHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 16.5 [C] - VG
BBCHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 16 [C] - VG
BCCHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 15 (D) - G
CCCHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 14 (D) - G
CCDHögskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskolaAverage of 12.5 (D) - G
UK HND / Foundation / Extended Degree Swedish EquivalentGrade

Högskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskola

10 - 11.5
Foundation / Extended Degree: DD - EE Högskoleförberedande/ Avgangsbetyg/Slutbetyg fran gymnasieskola10

Postgraduate entry requirements

Most postgraduate programmes at LSBU require a student to have a bachelor degree with a classification of 2.1, but in some cases it may only require a 2.2. Each entry in our Course Finder indicates the relevant degree classification required and the table below shows the equivalent for your country.

UK Entry LevelSwedish EquivalentGrade
1.1 Degree (minimum 3 years) Graduate of a Swedish university VG
2.1 Degree (minimum 3 years) Graduate of a Swedish university G
2.2 Degree (minimum 3 years) Graduate of a Swedish university G

For entry to a postgraduate research programme, please contact us on

EU Study Abroad entry requirements

UK Entry LevelSwedish Equivalent
LSBU UG Study AbroadCurrently studying at university on a UG course
Direct from high school (not currently on a UG course at university)
Minimum G

Minimum 10 (G)
LSBU PG Study AbroadCurrently studying at university on a PG courseMinimum G

How to apply

Find out how to apply for any of the courses or scholarships on this page by reading our how to apply information for undergraduates and postgraduates and also our other International pages.

You can also find out about how to apply to us through the Erasmus Scheme or as a Study Abroad student. Email any specific questions to

Visa information

You will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the student visa. We have information about Visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and student visa Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website Student Visa. You should also check the visa processing times Visa decision waiting times: applicants outside the UK.

For more information, please see our Visas and immigration page and the Home Office website Study English in the UK (Short-term study visa)

Representatives in Sweden

We may have representatives in your country who if you wish can help guide you with your application to LSBU and you’re your further information. For a list of these please contact us at

Centrala Studiestodsnamnden

Centrala Studiestodsnamnden (CSN) is the Swedish Government authority who approves and sends out Swedish financial aid for studies abroad, which includes both grants and loans to students. If you are from Sweden you should explore if this option is suitable for you.

Contact us

If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please email or phone +44 (0) 20 7123 4842, or Whatsapp on +44 (0) 7458154515.