LSBU participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Loans). This is the main US Federal funding available to US students in the UK.
To begin the loan process, complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and select London South Bank University as one of your school options. LSBU’s Direct Loan federal code is G33523 (or 03352300).
If you intend to borrow Federal Direct Loans or Private Sallie Mae loans, please read the US Loans Student Manual (PDF File 254 KB) and follow the instructions.
We will not know you wish to apply for a loan until you submit the documents detailed in the Manual to: email@example.com
Programme eligibility for Direct Loans
Most programmes at LSBU are eligible for Direct Loans, however some are not. Ineligible programmes include:
- All non-degree programmes
- Distance learning programmes
- Programmes based in the School of Health and Social Care at the Havering Campus
- Programmes funded by the National Health Service (NHS)
In addition, students undertaking a study-abroad or work placement semester/year for any programme type are not eligible to receive US loans for this period.
- To ensure that you remain eligible for your loans, you must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress. Please read LSBU’s policy on this.
- You must read the US Loans Student Manual (PDF File 254 KB) before applying for loans.
- Download the Cost of Attendance worksheet for 2020/21 (XLS File 2,943 KB).
- If you are expecting funds in excess of your LSBU fees, please complete the Bank Details Confirmation letter (DOCX File 147 KB) and return it to the US Loans Team in the Student Life Centre on Borough Road.
- For information on the procedures for withdrawal, please read the Return to Title IV Fund Procedure (R2T4) (PDF File 676 KB).
- For information on penalties associated with drug-related offences, please read the Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations (PDF File 257 KB).
- Additional information on Federal Aid.
- Additional information on the Smart Option Student (Sallie Mae) Loan
- For further information about US Loans at LSBU, please email us.