London South Bank University runs Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) courses which gives me exemptions from all the membership exams and is one of the best surveying schools in the UK. I have enjoyed my studies so far.Alexander Osei, BSc Surveying
Alexander also said: "The Lecturers in my department are very good and supportive and I've had the opportunity to meet other students from other countries and learn from them."
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 201 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
- West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) with C6 or above in at least 5-6 subjects (including: English Language and Maths)
- English requirements are as follows: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this see our information for undergraduates or postgraduates.
Undergraduate course requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- a suitable UK foundation course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate, (24 Points or above)
- A Level (Cambridge Overseas) at a suitable level
- a national diploma (in a suitable subject), lower or upper credit required depending on course applied for
- Higher National Diploma with lower credit or upper credit depending on LSBU course applied for.
- completed Year one (Level 100) of a relevant Bachelors Degree from a recognised university in Ghana. Marks/GPA should be at a suitable level.
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Year two undergraduate entry
- HND with lower or upper credit depending on course applied for
- successfully completed year one and two (Level 100 and Level 200) of a relevant Bachelors Degree from a recognised university in Ghana. Marks/GPA should be at a suitable level and
the subjects must be a good match to the LSBU degree programme applied for.
- English requirements are as follows: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this level please see the information for postgraduates.
Postgraduate course requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have the following:
- Bachelors Degree four or five years in a suitable subject from a recognised university in Ghana. The majority of courses require a minimum grade of Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- English requirements are as follows: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates.
How to apply
As a Ghanaian national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Ghana.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Ghana.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Our scholarships include Nationality scholarships for residents of Ghana.
Representatives in Ghana
We currently have established representatives working in Ghana. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our representatives listed below.
- Education Solutions Consult Ltd (Edusol) - Opposite Banking Hall, Ghana Commercial Bank, Inside Trade Fair Centre, LA, Accra, Ghana, + 233 3027 6650 6540
- Preparation for Life
- World Student Advisors
LSBU in Ghana
Our International Officers Francis Glover and Aissata Edmondson are responsible for applications from Ghana. Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email email@example.com.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
22 February 2019Introduction to professional bodies in project management and panel discussion
27 February 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
London South Bank first UK University to offer Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeships
7 February 2019
London South Bank University and Lambeth College unite to transform educational opportunities in south London
1 February 2019
LSBU alumnus Stephen Addison honoured for helping young people in East London escape gang culture
29 January 2019
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018