London South Bank University runs Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) courses which gives me exemptions from all the membership exams and is one of the best surveying schools in the UK. I have enjoyed my studies so far.Alexander Osei, BSc Surveying
Alexander also said: "The Lecturers in my department are very good and supportive and I've had the opportunity to meet other students from other countries and learn from them."
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 201 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
- West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) with C6 or above in at least 5-6 subjects (including: English Language and Maths)
- English requirements are as follows: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this see our information for undergraduates or postgraduates.
Undergraduate course requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- a suitable UK foundation course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate, (24 Points or above)
- A Level (Cambridge Overseas) at a suitable level
- a national diploma (in a suitable subject), lower or upper credit required depending on course applied for
- Higher National Diploma with lower credit or upper credit depending on LSBU course applied for.
- completed Year one (Level 100) of a relevant Bachelors Degree from a recognised university in Ghana. Marks/GPA should be at a suitable level.
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Year two undergraduate entry
- HND with lower or upper credit depending on course applied for
- successfully completed year one and two (Level 100 and Level 200) of a relevant Bachelors Degree from a recognised university in Ghana. Marks/GPA should be at a suitable level and
the subjects must be a good match to the LSBU degree programme applied for.
- English requirements are as follows: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this level please see the information for postgraduates.
Postgraduate course requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have the following:
- Bachelors Degree four or five years in a suitable subject from a recognised university in Ghana. The majority of courses require a minimum grade of Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- English requirements are as follows: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates.
How to apply
As a Ghanaian national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Ghana.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Ghana.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Our scholarships include Nationality scholarships for residents of Ghana.
Representatives in Ghana
We currently have established representatives working in Ghana. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our representatives listed below.
- Education Solutions Consult Ltd (Edusol) - Opposite Banking Hall, Ghana Commercial Bank, Inside Trade Fair Centre, LA, Accra, Ghana, + 233 3027 6650 6540
- Preparation for Life
- World Student Advisors
LSBU in Ghana
Our International Officers Francis Glover and Aissata Edmondson are responsible for applications from Ghana. Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)20 7815 6189.
Course Enquiries - International
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6189Get in touch
International One to One appointmentsBook online
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018