We want you to have a great time studying at LSBU
So we try to give you many beneficial opportunities that enhance your experience with us. One of these is student exchange.
Erasmus+ is the 'European Community Action Scheme' for the mobility of University Students. It allows students to spend between one semester and one academic year studying in a participating European Union (EU) country as part of their degree course.
If you take part in Erasmus+ you will follow a programme of study equivalent to your course at your home university and marks obtained count towards your degree credit. If you are eligible, you could receive an Erasmus grant which contributes towards extra living costs arising from studying abroad and as an Erasmus student, you do not pay the university you're visiting any tuition fees or receive an award from them (e.g. Bachelors degree).
Being part of an Erasmus exchange enhances your academic experience, personal development, language skills and opportunities in the international job market.
Download a copy of our Erasmus+ Charter (PDF File 994 KB), awarded by the European Commission.
The Master Loan Scheme
Postgraduate degrees through Erasmus+
The Master loan scheme launched under Erasmus+ is an opportunity for graduates to access affordable loans – up to €12,000 for one year or €18,000 for two years – to pursue a master's degree abroad.
LSBU is pleased to offer spaces on its postgraduate courses which can be funded through this loan scheme. If your country has confirmed their participating bank, you can apply for a graduate course at LSBU in the normal way before applying for the Erasmus+ Master loan to help with fees and funding.
The launch date of the scheme will vary from country to country. Countries in the list below have announced their participating financial institution.
Spain has confirmed their participation in the Master loan scheme. Spanish nationals can now apply to MicroBank for a loan to fund a master's degree at LSBU.
Why study at LSBU?
There are a number of great reasons why studying at LSBU is the right choice. You'll find yourself:
- Studying in the heart of London, just a few minutes away from the trendy south bank of the River Thames
- Part of a vibrant, modern and multicultural university with a well-positioned central London campus
- Part of a dynamic institution, committed to the success of its students
- Studying at a university committed to excellence in its teaching and learning
- In a truly international university; LSBU currently has over 23,000 students, from over 130 different countries
Services for exchange students
We appreciate there's lots to consider when choosing to study in another country. That's why we've developed a range of services to support you during your time with us. You could benefit from:
- Academic and welfare support and guidance services
- Excellent computer facilities, free email and internet access
- Exceptional sport and well-being opportunities
- Library support for your studies and assignments
- Social, sporting, campaigning and cultural events offered by our active Students' Union
- Support offered by our Multi-faith Centre
- English language services offered to all students where English is not their first language
- EU Social Club that organises regular activities for students to meet, share their experiences and relax. Activities may include barbecues, film nights and trips to UK attractions such as Windsor Castle and the prehistoric Stonehenge
- The help students and graduates receive to find work experience and employment opportunities
- Paid work as a Student Ambassador while you study
Each EU country listed in our Your country section of the website features individual country entry requirements.
How to apply
To apply and be eligible to study as an Erasmus student you must ensure that your university has an agreement with us first. Speak to the Erasmus Coordinator at your university about this and about how the process of being 'nominated' to study at LSBU happens. We can only take students who have been nominated to LSBU by their home institution.
Once you've been nominated, you can apply directly to us. Applications should include the following:
- Complete the online application form (please select Erasmus from the list)
- You will be able to select your modules on the online system (Module selection form)
- Passport details page
- Academic transcripts (translated into English)
- English Language certificates
Please note all semester transcripts should be included from your current university studies.
Once we have received your application we aim to contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been successful. If you're accepted you will be sent a confirmation letter and welcome pack and you'll then be able to apply for accommodation in our halls of residence.
All students must apply for their Erasmus exchange placement by:
- 30 June for students studying either 1st semester (September to January) or full year (September to June)
- 30 November for students wishing to study in 2nd semester (February to June)
Applying for accommodation
EU students studying at LSBU for the first time are guaranteed accommodation in our halls of residence. Read more about LSBU accommodation.
As an Erasmus student, you can choose modules depending on agreement we have with your University and your level of English. Please note that you can take up to 60 credits/30 ECTS (three modules) if you are staying for one semester, and all of the listed modules are subject to availability.
Our Erasmus programme is available for all seven of our schools. The following subject areas are located within the individual schools.
School of Applied Science
- Food Science
- Human Science
School of Arts and Creative Industries
- Digital Media/Journalism
- Creative Advertising
- Game Design
School of the Built Environment
- Civil Engineering
- Real Estate
School of Business
School of Engineering
- Chemical and Petroleum
- Computer Science/IT
School of Law and Social Sciences
- International Relations/Politics
School of Health and Social Care
- Social Care
- Chinese Medicine
View modules' information.
Enrolment and EU Induction
Enrolment and Induction is the time that you officially join university and we formally welcome you to LSBU. When you arrive at LSBU you'll need to bring your Erasmus Learning Agreement. This will have been given to you before leaving your home country.
We want to help all our new EU students feel welcome at LSBU, so we hold EU inductions, which are tailored to their requirements, separate from our general student induction. Visit EU Study Abroad.
As an LSBU student you can join the Erasmus exchange programme and study at a university in another country. Taking a semester or year abroad allows you to gain in-depth experience of another culture and language, enhance your career prospects, build worldwide contacts and have great fun.
Current students can find more information about the Erasmus scheme on our student portal, MyLSBU or you can read these case studies about the experiences of LSBU Erasmus students Hazel Kaymak, Pinar Yalcin, Anastasios Torounidis , Marciano Da Silva, and Snezhana Iskrenova.
29 May 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
4 June 2019Education Taster Day
5 June 2019Urban, Environment and Leisure Studies Taster Day
6 June 2019Law Taster Day
7 June 2019Social Sciences Taster Day
13 June 2019Social TSOs as Spaces for participation between activation, marketisation and creation
13 June 2019Breast screening for people with learning disabilities
13 June 2019HealthPitch Opera performance
20 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day One
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019
LSBU's engineering students take on Constructionarium 2019
13 May 2019
LSBU chancellor co-hosts local business gathering with Southwark Chamber of Commerce
10 May 2019
LSBU continues to climb Complete University Guide league table
2 May 2019
LSBU students take top three designs at Pro2Pac Design Challenge 2019
24 April 2019
Students take on the EPIIC Bag Challenge
23 April 2019
LSBU research project, CEDaCI, wins Interreg funding
23 April 2019