Registry is the hub for all student, applicant data and administrative processes at London South Bank University. We look after:
- appeals and academic integrity
- examinations and conferments
- student records
- student returns
Appeals and academic integrity
The Appeals Office deals with all student appeals against the decision of an Award and Progression Examination Board. We:
- receive appeal submissions
- investigate each new appeal as directed by the Appeals Panel
- act as the secretary to the Appeals Panel
- inform the appellant of the outcome of their appeal
The kinds of appeal dealt with by the Appeals Office are:
- appeals against the decision of an Award and Progression Examination Board;
- appeals against a penalty imposed for academic misconduct;
- appeals against the decision of an Extenuating Circumstances Panel.
If you are a current student and wish to make an appeal application, you must use the online application form available on our student portal, MyLSBU.
Examinations and conferments
The Exams and Conferments Office has three main areas of responsibility:
- examination administration: the office is responsible for examination timetabling and the processing and provision of exam papers and materials.
- conferments: the office is responsible for recording and processing final awards following examination award boards and for the production and provision of award certificates to students.
- after-care service to alumni: transcripts and letters confirming studies are provided on request to students who finished their studies more than one year ago.
The office provides a replacement certificate service to past students and is also responsible for responding to requests from third-parties such as recruitment and screening agencies who need to check the qualifications of a past student.
The main work of the Student Records Office includes:
- supporting users of the student record system
- developing systems and processes to improve student data and better support users
- capturing and maintaining accurate student and course data
- providing a reports service from the student record system
- maintaining curriculum
- maintaining the curriculum structure
The Student Returns Office submits mandatory data to the following external organisations:
31 January 2019'Can FMCG brands disrupt market equilibrium by delivering new category users?
6 February 2019Special Olympics: A 50 Year Celebration
7 February 2019The value of information in a knowledge based and digital economy
8 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day One
9 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day Two
14 February 2019Education Across the Divide Conference 2019: Creative and Innovative Approaches to Inclusive Education
14 February 2019Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018
Engineering students win big at the Engineering Sketches Prize
13 December 2018
Research project at LSBU takes coveted award
13 December 2018
London South Bank University’s new Passmore Centre will drive Apprenticeship delivery in Southwark
28 November 2018
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
South Bank celebration marks Sir Simon Hughes becoming new Chancellor of LSBU
9 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018