Registry is the hub for all student, applicant data and administrative processes at London South Bank University. We look after:
- appeals and academic integrity
- examinations and conferments
- student records
- student returns
Appeals and academic integrity
The Appeals Office deals with all student appeals against the decision of an Award and Progression Examination Board. We:
- receive appeal submissions
- investigate each new appeal as directed by the Appeals Panel
- act as the secretary to the Appeals Panel
- inform the appellant of the outcome of their appeal
The kinds of appeal dealt with by the Appeals Office are:
- appeals against the decision of an Award and Progression Examination Board;
- appeals against a penalty imposed for academic misconduct;
- appeals against the decision of an Extenuating Circumstances Panel.
If you are a current student and wish to make an appeal application, you must use the online application form available on our student portal, MyLSBU.
Examinations and conferments
The Exams and Conferments Office has three main areas of responsibility:
- examination administration: the office is responsible for examination timetabling and the processing and provision of exam papers and materials.
- conferments: the office is responsible for recording and processing final awards following examination award boards and for the production and provision of award certificates to students.
- after-care service to alumni: transcripts and letters confirming studies are provided on request to students who finished their studies more than one year ago.
The office provides a replacement certificate service to past students and is also responsible for responding to requests from third-parties such as recruitment and screening agencies who need to check the qualifications of a past student.
The main work of the Student Records Office includes:
- supporting users of the student record system
- developing systems and processes to improve student data and better support users
- capturing and maintaining accurate student and course data
- providing a reports service from the student record system
- maintaining curriculum
- maintaining the curriculum structure
The Student Returns Office submits mandatory data to the following external organisations:
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
27 March 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 March 2019Responding to ageing demographics: A positive view from a public administration and public policy perspective.
5 April 2019Transnational Female Activism: Peace, Suffrage, Diversity 1914-1939
24 April 2019Two day workshop on sustainable biodiesel production
8 May 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
22 June 2019University Open Day
LSBU Women's Netball team win university league
20 March 2019
LSBU Men’s Rugby Team win university league for the first time in 22 years
13 March 2019
LSBU marks National Apprenticeship Week with celebratory event
12 March 2019
LSBU Journalism students to team up with innovative start-up Fighthoax
6 March 2019
LSBU Architectural Technology students through to CIOB Bright Futures final
27 February 2019
LSBU Vice-Chancellor joins Educational Commission for Lifelong Learning
26 February 2019
New study reveals stark gender pay inequality in UK nursing workforce
26 February 2019
LSBU graduate wins big at the RTS London Student Awards
22 February 2019
LSBU mental health research boosted by £200k grant
14 February 2019