Aziz Foundation Scholarship
The Aziz Foundation Scholarship
Through an established Preferred Partnership agreement with the Aziz Foundation, LSBU students following certain courses of study are now able to apply to the Aziz Foundation for support. The Aziz Foundation Scholarship will cover 100/% of postgraduate tuition fees to support British Muslims aiming to study at UK universities.
The scholarships aim to attract individuals who wish to advance their careers and bring positive change to their communities and wider society. LSBU is proud to be among the Aziz Foundation’s list of Preferred Partners identified to deliver invaluable opportunities to outstanding students.
Scholarships will only be awarded to British Muslims with career aspirations in the following areas:
- Media & Journalism – Candidates who wish to champion diversity in the media to ensure fairer and more accurate reporting
- Technology – Disrupters and innovators who use tech to offer novel and transformational solutions to society’s most pressing challenges.
- Sustainability/Environment – Candidates who wish to be at the forefront of the fight to save our planet and ensure a safer future for generations to come
- Law – Candidates who hold high aspirations to excel in the legal profession and especially those who wish to become judges. (Excluding conversion courses).
- Policy – Candidates with a passion for influencing public policy (excluding Health Policy) in the UK, to ensure that it is equitable and responsive to the needs of British Muslim communities.
- Creative Content – Creatives who can influence public discourses especially around Muslims and Islam through a variety of mediums.
Applications are encouraged from the following 2023/24 LSBU courses:
- LLM International Commercial Law
- LLM International Human Rights and Development
- MA Creative Performance Practice
- MA Curating Art and Public Programmes
- MA Editing and Post-Production
- MRes Arts & Creative Industries
- MSc Anthroengineering
- MSc Applied Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Applied Artificial Intelligence (JAN)
- LLM Law Conversion Course: incorporating the CPE
- MA Chartered Town Planner (Apprenticeship)
- MA Chartered Town Planner (Urban Design) (Apprenticeship)
- MA Town and Country Planning
- MA Urban Design and Planning
- MRes Law Course
How to apply
Please apply directly via the Aziz Foundation website.
Applications for 2023/24 are now open. The deadline for applications is 31st March, 12 noon.
Applicants should meet all the following requirements:
- Be eligible for Home fees status
- Be active within a Muslim community and demonstrate intimate knowledge of issues affecting British Muslim communities
- Demonstrate long-term commitment to community/societal development within Britain
- Show how the course will increase their effectiveness in one of the following areas relating to British Muslims:
- Effective Advocacy and Enhance Public Perception – facilitating better representation and contribution of Muslims to civil society to combat Islamophobia and positively transform perceptions of British Muslims
- Community Service and Social Development – raising the aspirations and standards within British Muslim communities
In addition to the above, you will have to demonstrate that you would not be able to self-fund your course. The Foundation will apply the following test, using information you supply, social indicators and available data, to determine your financial means:
- A list of the secondary school(s) you attended, which acts as an important social indicator
- The amount of your student debt
- Information relating to your financial circumstances on the application form, including caring responsibilities, dependents, and existing commitments
- Whether you are the first in your family to enter Higher Education
- We shall utilise existing government data, such as the Office for Students’ (OfS) POLAR place-generated data, which provides information on general trends on access to Higher Education and participation rates by postcode, indicating rates of social mobility and deprivation
The assessment will include some or all the means testing criteria above, variously weighted, and will contribute to the panel’s final decision on the candidate.
The scholarship application process is undertaken independently of your study application to LSBU. Both applications must be successful to receive the scholarship.
If you would like to discuss your application to the Aziz Foundation directly with LSBU, please contact us on email@example.com.
In this section
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- Aziz Foundation Scholarship