This course is strongly recommended by the HSE to all first aiders holding a valid first aid at work or emergency first aid course accreditation.
These YMCA accredited first aid courses are designed to give you the skills, knowledge and competence required to administer emergency first aid in the workplace. This includes being able to assess, diagnose and treat casualties before the arrival of medical staff in the event of an emergency.
Courses are delivered by our experienced tutors, who are practical and hands-on in their approach. Training will take pace in LSBU Active's Academy of Sport, which has recently undergone £1 million of investment.
YMCA is one of the UK's leading awarding bodies in fitness, health and well-being, so these courses are ideal if you work in a fitness or health related industry.
First Aid training should be risk-specific so please contact us if you would like to discuss a training package based on your specific requirements.
Course content includes:
- assessing the situation in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- HSE accident reporting
- first aid kits and avoiding cross infection.
It is recommended you complete this refresher annually.
London South Bank University student union is located at 103 Borough Rd, London SE1 0AA.
If you are visiting our Southwark Campus, you may wish to use our downloadable campus map (PNG File 466 KB). For information on accessibility, see our DisabledGo access guides. See our location page for more details.
Register your interest
Entry Level Requirements
You must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
You must have a valid first aid at work 1 day, first aid at work 3 day or first aid at work requalification certificate to complete this course.
Choose your country
Select country here:
If you have already completed some studies at another university, we may be able to consider you for advanced entry. Please see our advanced entry page for more information.
Course costs £55 per person.
To book your place on the course, download and complete the booking form and return by email to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
21 October 2019
14 February 2020
4 June 2020
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- Free employability workshop and events for student all year round, more details can be found on our event section.
- Online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- LSBU Careers Hub offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and support, guidance on future careers, as well as loads of career resources, connecting you with employers, exciting events, 1-1 support and relevant workshops.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.