If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 201 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
- Nepal Higher Secondary Education Certificate: score below 60%
- International Baccalaureate Certificate
- Nepal Higher Secondary Education Certificate: 60% or higher
- 3 passes at GCE A Level: minimum grades depend on LSBU course applied for
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points or higher
- Accredited UK Foundation programme: 55-60% or higher
- Accredited UK National Diploma: Upper or Lower Credit
- Diploma from Tribhuvan University of 3 years duration: 50% or higher
Possible advanced entry or top-up
- Accredited UK Higher National Diploma (Possible second year or top-up entry): Upper or Lower Credit
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects at HSEC/A Level/IB etc. See individual course entry requirements for details.
- 3-4 years Honours Degree from a recognised university in Nepal: 60% or higher depending on university and course applied for
- Honours Degree from a recognised international university: equivalent to UK Bachelor Degree Second Class Honours or higher
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects for the first degree. A small number of LSBU courses also require relevant work experience. See individual course entry requirements for details.
Please see the Research section of the LSBU Website for information about research degree applications and entry requirements.
How to apply
As a Nepalese national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Nepal.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Nepal.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Nepal
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.