There are many benefits in graduating with a degree from London South Bank University. At LSBU they offer plenty of choice through their wide range of vocational courses and their flexible approach to learning. LSBU's central location is great for getting to know the wonderful city of London, and its employer links make our degree as relevant as possible.Syed Hossain, MSc Food Safety and Control
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 124 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
- Bangladesh Higher Secondary Certificate (score below 80%/CGPA 4.5/5.0)
- International Baccalaureate Certificate
- Bangladesh Higher Secondary Certificate : 80%/CGPA 4.5/5.0 or higher
- 3 passes at GCE A Level (required grades dependant on LSBU course applied for)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points or higher
- Accredited UK Foundation programme: minimum 55-60% or higher
- Accredited UK National Diploma (Upper or Lower Credit)
Possible advanced entry or top-up
- Accredited UK Higher National Diploma (Possible second year or top-up entry): Upper or Lower Credit
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects at HSC/Level/IB etc. See individual course entry requirements for details.
- 4-5 year Honours Degree from a recognised university in Bangladesh: CGPA 2.4 - 2.8 out of 4.0 or higher (depending on the institution and LSBU course applied for)
- 2 year Honours Degree + 2 year Masters Degree from a recognised university in Bangladesh: CGPA 2.4 – 2.8 out of 4.0 or higher (depending on the institution and LSBU course applied for)
- Honours Degree from a recognised international university: equivalent to UK Bachelor Degree Second Class Honours or higher
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects for the first degree. A small number of LSBU courses also require relevant work experience. See individual course entry requirements for details.
Please see the Research section of the LSBU Website for information about research degree applications and entry requirements.
How to apply
As a Bangladeshi national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and student visa Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Bangladesh.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Bangladesh
We currently have an established and reliable representatives working in Bangladesh. If you would like assistance with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be provided with an up-to-date list.
LSBU in Bangladesh
A number of academic and International Office staff will visit Bangladesh. They will be available to discuss all aspects of the University and assist with admissions.