AfghanistanLondon South Bank University welcomes students from all over the world
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 42 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation entry requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Baccalauria / Baccalaureate Certificate at Credit Grade Standard
- Vocational / Technical Baccalauria
- English language requirements are one of the following: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this, see our undergraduate or postgraduate sections.
Undergraduate entry requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Technical Certificate (awarded by a Technicum), which may need to be in a subject relevant to the course you are applying for
- Bachelor degree / Licence. Applicants with this qualification may be able to apply for entry to year 2 of an undergraduate course, or to a top-up degree; this will be at the discretion of the course director
- English language requirements are one of the following: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this see our information for postgraduates or if it is lower see the information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate entry requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Master's Degree
- A first-class Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree from Kabul University will be accepted (for some courses)
- Taught Masters Degree minimum of two years at First Class level 60% plus
- English language requirements are one of the following: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
Please note: three years of managerial experience is required for the MBA
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates or the information for foundation courses.
How to apply
As an Afghani national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Afghanistan.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see the visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Afghanistan.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Afghanistan
We do not currently have any representatives based in Afghanistan. If you would like further information regarding London South Bank University or making an application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LSBU in Afghanistan
Our International Officers are not currently scheduled to visit Afghanistan. However if you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, you are most welcome to contact us at email@example.com.