Personal and professional developmentAdding value and feeling valued
The Organisational Development team offer a great range of development opportunities, provided by colleagues across the University and external partners, to enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees. Our commitment to your personal and professional development demonstrates our ambition for you to feel you are both adding value to and feeling valued by LSBU.
The team also keeps LSBU up-to-date with current and emerging best practice across higher education institutions, public and private sectors.
LSBU runs an annual Staff Conference, with the aim for all staff to have the opportunity to participate and engage with LSBU and each other. The operating principles for our Staff Conference are to:
- put students at the heart of what we do, and celebrate how we collectively and individually make a difference to the lives of our students now and in the future.
- reinforce our Behavioural Framework and Values by highlighting how we all contribute to the success of the University and our students.
- celebrate our people and purpose through participation – we want to engender an opportunity for open and engaging conversations that leave colleagues feeling that they are ‘adding value and feeing valued’
Academic Career Pathway
At LSBU our teaching remains highly applied, professionally accredited, and demonstrably linked to research and enterprise. It delivers the attributes that make our graduates highly sought after.
We are committed to supporting and developing our academic staff to enhance student success. Our new academic framework (PDF File 298 KB) paves the way for a successful career at LSBU, setting out the progression route from Lecturer right through to Professor.
We offer our researchers a quality experience while with us at LSBU. The University adheres to the seven principles of the Concordat (external PDF).
Find out more about how we support research careers.
Training and development
The University’s Organisational and Staff Development department provide a wide range of support for new employees, from training courses to customised development, coaching and leadership development.
At LSBU, all staff have an annual appraisal. The appraisal helps you to:
- reflect on your contribution to student success at LSBU
- recognise your personal achievements
- be successful in your career
In this section
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Health and wellbeing
- Staff benefits
- Personal and professional development