Estates is responsible for the management of the University's land and buildings. The department delivers many services, including management of planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, minor improvement projects, capital developments, cleaning services, security and reception services, postal services, residential and catering services.
Our main areas of operation are:
- ensuring all campus buildings and service meet the needs of staff, students and visitors
- managing the university's assets, estates infrastructure and use of resources to minimise the effect on the environment
- delivering new build and refurbishment projects across the University Estates
- Managing use of space and developing space strategies for the future
- providing retails and hospitality services
- campus security and reception services
- corporate health and safety
Estates Service Desk
The Estates Service Desk is the first point of contact for all Estates enquiries, there to communicate between the department and the customer.
The service desk handles all Estates-related enquiries which include but are not limited to plumbing, carpentry, handymen work, electrical work, porter services, pest control, cleaning, waste disposal, furniture and room bookings.
It's here to:
- provide an informed and friendly service to the customer
- route all customer enquiries and emergency events to the appropriate person or team
- ensure calls, emails and in-person service requests, faults and complaints are logged and directed to the appropriate team or person.
- process, log and escalate customer complaints
Report a fault or cleaning issue
If you find fault with a facility or it requires cleaning attention please report it to the Reception Desk of any University building.
The Estates Service Desk is staffed from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
If there are any emergency requests out of hours please contact the Security Control Room on direct line 020 7815 6841 or ext. 6841.
Staff should report faults to the Estates Service Desk directly. The process of how to do this is explained on the Estates Service desk - staff intranet.
Car and cycle parking
LSBU does not have car parking available at either Southwark campus or Havering campus. We have cycle spaces on both campuses and are well served by public transport.
Campus security and reception services
Security and Reception Services work to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors. They are available 24 hours a day and are responsible for:
- providing general security advice and guidance
- regular patrols of the campus
- monitoring alarms, CCTV and safety systems
- ID cards
- first aid
- investigating security incidents
- liaising with police and emergency services
Corporate Health and safety
Estates work to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students, staff and visitors.
Contact the Estates Department
Estates Service Desk:
- Tel: 020 7815 6800
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 020 7815 8219/6976
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
22 November 2019Choose Your Next Steps
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Enabling engineers to become more entrepreneurial
23 August 2019
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019