Security and Reception Services
Security and Reception Services are responsible for providing a safe, secure and welcoming campus for students, staff and visitors.
- what to do in an emergency
- key contact details
- university building opening times
- information for LSBU students and staff
- information for visitors to LSBU
- lost and found property
What to do in an emergency
If you see or suspect fire, serious injury or you are the victim of a crime incident please call the university's emergency number 020 7815 6666.
Key contact details
How to contact security
Telephone: Extension 8219 (020 7815 8219 from outside LSBU)
Emergency number: Extension 6666 (020 7815 6666 from outside LSBU)
Security Control Room
Borough Road Building
103 Borough Road
London SE1 0AA
University building opening times
Our University and buildings are fully open.
Please visit our Contact Us page for more information.
Information for LSBU students and staff
- Important campus information for current students on our student portal, MyLSBU.
- Security Services – staff intranet (staff intranet) Information for staff only, authentication required.
Information for visitors to LSBU
Visitors to LSBU Southwark campus are required to register at reception and must carry their visitor passes with them at all times while on campus.
Children and young persons on campus
Children and young persons under 18 years of age can only access LSBU premises if accompanied by an adult. Please contact Building Reception for further details.
Please note that children and young persons may not have access to all areas of the University premises, even though accompanied by an adult. Refer to terms and conditions on the form for more details.
Lost and found property
- Found something? Please hand it in to the Security Office in BR168, Borough Road Building as soon as possible. They will need to know where and when it was found and your name.
- Lost something? If you are trying to trace something you have lost on campus, first ask at the buildings you were in. If you cannot find it there, ask at the Security Office in BR168, Borough Road Building. It may take a few days for an item to be handed in, so check again a week later.