Telephone:020 7815 7803
School/Division:Business / Management, Marketing and People
Ruth has over 20 years experience as an Information Professional - working in both the public and the private sector. Included public librarianship and working in the IT/systems field in libraries and information - implementing and upgrading IT systems.
She has over five years experience in academia - including teaching/lecturing, writing, undertaking research, publications, giving talks and editorial experience.
Visiiting Lecturer, University of Greenwich;
Commissioning Editor, Chandos publishers, for Chandos Series for Information Professionals - see www.chandospublishing.com;
Co-Editor, Information for Social Change (ejournal) - see http://libr.org/ISC; MBA - Research Methods and Leadership;
Computing Applications (at University of Greenwich)
Publications and talks
- Author of Globalisation, Information and Libraries: the implications of the World Trade Organisation's GATS and TRIPS Agreements, Chandos publishers, 2005.
- Knowledge Management: Practical, Social and Theoretical Perspectives - Edited by Ruth Rikowski, Chandos publishers, 2006;
- Radical Library and Information Work: Issues and Themes - Edited by John Pateman and Ruth Rikowski, Chandos publishers, 2006
- Author of over 50 published articles and reviews on a variety of topics, focusing mainly on globalisation, knowledge management and the knowledge revolution and computer/information technology - from an Open Marxist theoretical perspective. Given many talks on these different subjects.
- For more information about Ruth Rikowski's publications, talks and other related activities, visit the Rikowski website, The Flow of Ideas.