80 South London businesses to get world class recovery support from LSBU
South London businesses have been invited by London South Bank University (LSBU) to take part in a new support programme to enable them to recover from the huge pressures they have faced from the pandemic. BIG (Business, Innovation and Growth) South London is designed to support businesses in Croydon, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Sutton.
LSBU in partnership with Kingston University and St Mary’s University, will deliver BIG South London Innovation Support Programme. 80 businesses will be offered one-to-one mentoring and workshops to:
- Provide business health checks
- Review and improve their product ranges
- Develop their financial management and digital skills.
Professor Paul Ivey, LSBU Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Innovation) and Chief Business Officer, said, “Over the next year we will be supporting 80 South London businesses to grow by offering them access to our industry experts and world-class facilities.
“Businesses in Croydon, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Sutton who want world-class guidance on how they can grow should sign up online for our Business Innovation and Growth programme.”
The Business Innovation and Growth South London programme will provide:
- Innovation Health Checks: with one-to-one sessions with innovation mentors will develop tailored support plans and point businesses toward the right workshops to make the most of the programme.
- Innovation and Growth Workshops: with a series of workshops targeted at businesses at all stages of innovation and growth, allowing businesses to start implementing strategies from the Innovation Health Checks.
- Knowledge Base Engagement: with intensive support packages will give businesses access to world class facilities, student and academic expertis
LSBU is running a range of business support schemes. Help to Grow business support programme was launched on 25 October 2021 and will support 600 small and medium-sized businesses.