Health and wellbeingWe believe that the workplace should promote good health and wellbeing
- In 2017, we were recognised for our work to make the University a safe place with a silver award from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) , awarded to businesses and organisations that have shown commitment to accident and ill-health prevention.
- We're also a proud recipient of the London Healthy Workplace Charter Excellence Award 2017, granted by the Mayor of London’s office. The award shows our commitment to developing a culture of wellbeing that links to our outcomes and staff productivity and retention.
- LSBU is a member of the Health Universities UK network which helps us to develop and implement a ‘whole university’ approach to health, wellbeing and sustainability. It is part of a global movement of higher education institutions.
- On 21 March 2018 at our annual Wellbeing Activity Day, LSBU signed the Time To Change pledge to help change how we think and act about mental health in the workplace. We’re taking steps to create an inclusive workplace, which recognises that mental health is as important as physical health.
- LSBU is a member of Mindful Employer™, an NHS initiative which supports people with a mental health conditions. Our goal is to embed a positive and inclusive culture around Mental Health and staff have access to a wide range of information on the Mindful Employer™ website. Additional guidance and support is provided for line managers.
For further information, please contact Annie Yau.