OCN LondonSince 2015, the Partnership Agreement between OCN London and LSBU has benefited Access to HE students of colleges registered with OCN London
If you're a student with an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Access to HE) from an OCN London registered college and you apply to LSBU, you're guaranteed a conditional offer at lower admissions requirements than the University's standard offer, across courses in all of our schools, except Health.
For example, a standard LSBU offer to study on the LLB is 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits. Students from OCN London registered colleges would be made an offer of 9 Distinctions and 27 Merits.
- Extended Project 2-day support programme: The Extended Project is a 6-credit unit on many OCN London Access to HE Diploma courses. LSBU's Support Programme for this unit is delivered by our academic and library staff. Participants will learn how to identify issues and research questions, plan their work and write a coherent extended essay that is appropriately referenced.
- Taster Days in various subject areas.
- Access to the LSBU Scheme, allowing students access to our library and other facilities.
To receive the benefits, Access to HE students must:
- Choose LSBU as one of their five university choices.
- Insert the code ‘OCN-LSBU’ in the further details box on the UCAS application form.
Access to HE
The Access to HE Diploma is a qualification which prepares learners without traditional qualifications for study at university.
LSBU has a Partnership Agreement with OCN London. Its objectives are:
- To raise confidence and aspirations of Access learners.
- To increase and widen participation in higher education.
- To provide clear higher education progression routes.
- To help prepare Access learners for higher education.
Hear what Access to HE students, college tutors and university admissions directors have to say about the positive impact of the Access to HE Diploma on students' lives.