There was a great welcome from the university. I can say there is a nice atmosphere to study and great support from the administrative staff too.Kasun Fernando, HND Business Studies
Kasun also said: "The facilities are more than enough. The Student union is great and the lecturers are really friendly. Completing my degree is going to be a huge achievement for me. LSBU is giving great support to achieve this. It is a great place to study and a nice environment to study in."
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 204 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation entry requirements
- Sri Lankan Ordinary and Advanced Levels below required level: S grade/35%-49%
- International Baccalaureate Certificate
Undergraduate entry requirements
- Sri Lankan A Levels: Typically three A Level passed at grade C or higher
- 3 passes at GCE A Level (required grades dependant on LSBU course applied for)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points or higher
- Accredited UK Foundation programme: minimum 55-60% or higher
- Accredited UK National Diploma: Upper or Lower Credit
- Accredited Sri Lankan National Diploma: Upper or Lower Credit
*Possible advanced entry or top-up
- Accredited UK Higher National Diploma (Possible second year entry or top-up): Upper or Lower Credit
- Accredited Sri Lankan Higher National Diploma (Possible second year or top-up entry): Upper – Lower Credit
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects at A Level/IB etc. See individual course entry requirements for details.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- 3 or 4 year Honours Degree from a recognised university in Sri Lanka: Second Class Honours Division or higher
- Honours Degree from a recognised international university: equivalent to UK Bachelor Degree Second Class Honours or higher
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects for the first degree. A small number of LSBU courses also require relevant work experience. See individual course entry requirements for details.
Research entry requirements
Please see the Research section of the LSBU Website for information about research degree applications and entry requirements.
How to apply
As an Sri Lankan national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Sri Lanka.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Sri Lanka.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Sri Lanka
We currently have established and reliable representatives working in Sri Lanka. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our representatives listed below.
C S Academix
15/3, 10th Lane, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Tel: +94 777715578
LSBU has strong partnerships with institutions in Sri Lanka to encourage international cooperation and increase international mobility. For a full list of our Partners in Sri Lanka and other countries, visit International Academic Collaborations.
LSBU in Sri Lanka
A number of academic and International Office staff will be visiting Sri Lanka this year. They will be available to discuss all aspects of the University and assist with admissions.
For details of events in Sri Lanka find out what's on at LSBU.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.