If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 42 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC) requiring C6 or above in at least 5-6 subjects (including: English Language and Maths)
- Cambridge Overseas School Certificate (COSC), Grades A-C or 1-6
- GCE O' Level
- English language requirements: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this see our undergraduate or postgraduate sections.
Undergraduate course requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- A suitable UK Foundation Course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate
- A Level (Cambridge Overseas)
- Higher National Diploma
- English requirements: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or KCSE English grade C
Year two: Undergraduate Entry
- HND from a recognised Institution in Sierra Leone with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- completed Year one and two (Level 100 and Level 200) of a relevant Bachelor Degree.
If your qualification is higher than this see our information for postgraduates or if it is lower see information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate course requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Bachelor Degree Honours (four years) at a suitable level
- Bachelor Degree General (three years) minimum 2.1 and relevant work experience
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent or WASSC (WAEC) English Language C6
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduate or foundation courses.
How to apply
As a Sierra Leonean national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Sierra Leone.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Sierra Leone.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Sierra Leone
We do not currently have any representatives based in Sierra Leone. If you would like further information regarding London South Bank University or making an application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LSBU in Sierra Leone
We are pleased to introduce our International Officers Francis Glover and Aissata Edmondson. They are responsible for applications from Sierra Leone. Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email email@example.com.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.