I chose to study here at LSBU because of two things: one is, it is located in the heart of London with a good view of the city and the other is that it contains a remarkable amount of mature students.Abioye Oyenuga, MSc Construction Project Management
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 90 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need one of the following:
- West African Senior School Certificate of Education (WAEC) with C6 or above in at least 5-6 subjects (including: English Language and Maths)
- English requirements: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent or a West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above.
If your qualification is higher than this see our undergraduate section on this page.
Undergraduate Course Requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- suitable UK Foundation Course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate
- A Levels (Cambridge Overseas) at a suitable level
- National Diploma in a suitable subject, with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- Higher National Diploma in a suitable subject with Lower Credit or Upper Credit depending on LSBU course applied for
- successfully completed Year one (Level 100) of a suitable Bachelor Degree from a recognised university in Nigeria. A good GPA is required
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or West African Senior School Certificate in English Language C6 or above (WAEC or NECO ).
Year 2 Undergraduate Entry
You will need to hold one of the following:
- HND in a suitable subject with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- successfully completed Year 1 & 2 (Level 100 and Level 200) of a relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in Nigeria. A good GPA is required and the units should be a good match for the LSBU course applied for.
- English requirements: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or a West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
If your qualification is higher than this see information for postgraduates or if it is lower information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate Course Requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Bachelor Degree (four or five years) in a suitable subject from a recognised university in Nigeria. The majority of courses require a minimum grade of Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- English Language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent or West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates or the information for foundation courses.
How to apply
The process to apply for a course varies to whether you study as an undergraduate or postgraduate student. You should also find out how to apply for any available scholarships.
As a Nigerian national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Nigeria.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Our scholarships include Nationality Scholarships for residents of Nigeria.
Please note, LSBU do not offer any full scholarships.
Representatives in Nigeria
We do not currently have any representatives based in Nigeria. If you would like further information regarding LSBU or making an application please contact us at email@example.com.
LSBU in Nigeria
Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 207 815 6189.