If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 42 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need one of the following:
- Certificado de Ensino Medio
If your qualification is higher than this see our undergraduate section on this page.
Undergraduate Course Requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Suitable UK Foundation Course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate (24 Points or above)
- A Levels (Cambridge Overseas) at a suitable level
- Successfully completed One Year of university studies at a recognised Brazilian Institution.
Year 2 Undergraduate Entry
You will need to hold one of the following:
- Nivel Technologica (Post 1996 reform). This qualification will not guarantee admission onto Year 2, but will be considered on an individual basis
- Two years of a relevant Bachelors Degree from a recognised Institution in Brazil. Good grades are required, and units should be a good match for the LSBU course applied for
If your qualification is higher than this see information for postgraduates or if it is lower information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate Course Requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Bachelor Degree (four or five years) in a suitable subject from a recognised Institution in Brazil. The majority of courses require a minimum pass grade of 60%.
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates or the information for foundation courses.
How to apply
As a Brazilian national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Brazil.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Brazil.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Brazil
We currently have one representative in Brazil. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact:
LSBU in Brazil
Our International Officers Francis Glover and Aissata Edmondson are responsible for applications from Brazil. Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email email@example.com.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.