If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 85 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Habilitacao Literarias) with at least 5 Credit Passes
- International Baccalaureate Certificate
- English language requirements are one of the following: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this see our undergraduate or postgraduate sections.
Undergraduate course requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- suitable UK Foundation Course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 Points
- A Levels
- Pre-University Certificate
- National Diploma in a suitable subject
- Higher National Diploma in a suitable subject
- completion of Year 1 of a suitable degree from a recognised University in Angola. A good GPA is required.
- English language requirements are one of the following: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
If your qualification is higher than this see our information for postgraduates or if it is lower than this please see the information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate course requirements
Taught postgraduate entry
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Taught Masters Degree minimum of 2 years at First Class level 60% plus
- English language requirements are one of the following: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
If your qualification is lower than this level please see the information for undergraduates or the information for foundation courses.
How to apply
As an Angolan national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and student visa Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Angola.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Angola
We currently have established representatives working in Angola. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSBU in Angola
Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email email@example.com.