PerformWellWe offer services to elite athletes and teams, the recreationally competitive, and active sports people of all abilities
The HPC team led by a BASES-accredited physiologist works closely with athletes and coaching staff to determine performance status and needs for training progression to a competitive standard, and assist in the achievement of individual and team goals. PerformWell is designed to assess, advise and monitor performance across the following areas:
- Exercise physiology
- Sports nutrition
- Sport psychology
- Notational analysis
- Strength and conditioning
The services we offer include:
- Mobile Tendon-Muscle Laboratory: A prevention and rehabilitative service to manage human Achilles tendon and muscle dysfunction/disorders.
- Functional strength: to assess the strength of and the balance between the major muscle groups and compare them against recommended norms for gender, age and functional requirements.
- Joint range of motion: to determine the flexibility of the joints and the kinaesthetic sense and function, which are essential in assessing recovery and ability to return to daily activities, work and sports.
- Speed, power, endurance, agility and acceleration: to assess key performance determinants of particular importance for team sports by conducting a range of gym based tests.
- Periodised training programmes: to devise an individualised training programme appropriate to individual level and goals that is progressively structured over time to enable peak performance for competition.
- Team training sessions: to design training sessions for teams of 5 to 15 members aiming to develop power, agility, speed and strength based on consultations with a qualified strength and conditioning coach.
- Coaching decision-making: to conduct consultation with an accredited sport psychologist regarding the development and optimisation of decision-making during the game; may include game analysis, analysis of team and individual players, review of strategies to develop and optimise decision-making skills.
- Dietary analysis: to provide remote assessment of diet over a three day period with personalised recommendations from an accredited nutritionist on weight management, eating for optimal performance and identification of nutritional deficiencies.