Business advice servicesFor tailored solutions to your business needs, look no further
The Business Solutions Centre is a free student-led service for local businesses and entrepreneurs.
If you have identified an area of the business mix that you need support in, a particular problem that you want to solve, or an opportunity that you want to evaluate, the student-led Business Solutions Centre can help you.
Here are some of the challenges that our clients typically face:
- How can I use social media to support business growth?
- How can I write a business plan?
- How can I seek potential funding or resources?
- How can I market my business on a low marketing budget?
- How can I manage my business sales and expenses?
How it works
A consultation from the Centre is free and easy to arrange - simply follow these steps.
- Answer a few questions about your business and needs by filling out a registration form
- Depending on your answers, you may be invited for a face-to-face interview to better assess your needs
- Our team will then discuss your case and present Solutions to you in one of the following forms:
- A written report with detailed guidelines and resources
- A help sheet with useful information and action points for you to implement
- A hands-on, practical Clinic group session where you'll have a chance to gain practical insights and one-to-one support
- A workshop or talk delivered by our Student Advisors
- Internships or ongoing paid employment, allowing our students to support your business
- Signposting to appropriate LSBU or other local services
The Business Solutions Centre is staffed by Student Advisors from LSBU Business school who have been through a comprehensive recruitment and training process. A member of LSBU staff will supervise the Advisors.
Areas of expertise
- Business development and planning
- Tax and small business accounting
- Marketing and social media
- Forecasting and costing
- Access to finance
- Project management
- Consumer behaviour and brand management