New Chiropractic Clinic opens in Central London to treat up to 300 patients a yearThis student-led venture will enable LSBU students to study in brand new dedicated facilities with the latest therapeutic equipment
LSBU will open a new student-led Chiropractic Clinic on 20 September 2021 at its Southwark campus which will treat up to 300 patients a year.
The LSBU Chiropractic Clinic will:
- Offer complete Chiropractic care at very affordable rates
- Continue LSBU’s position as the only London university to offer Chiropractic courses
- Treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions including back and neck pain as well as many other musculoskeletal problems and also offer rehabilitation treatments
- Teach a growing number of students each year on the Integrated Masters in Chiropractic (MChiro) within the Institute of Health and Social Care
- Enable LSBU students to study in brand new dedicated Chiropractic facilities with the latest therapeutic equipment such as shockwave therapy.
Chiropractic is a healthcare profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system – and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. Musculoskeletal problems include spinal problems, joint dysfunction and herniated discs.
The number of chiropractors in the UK is expected to rise 60% by 2025 from 3,100 in 2021 to 5,000. This will mean more UK residents can receive treatment for conditions including back and neck pain.
Dr. Mark Langweiler, LSBU Clinic and Course Director in Chiropractic, said, “There’s no better example of LSBU’s mission to transform lives, communities and society than our new Chiropractic Clinic which will treat up to 300 patients a year to improve public health. Our new clinic will give LSBU students access to the latest evidence-based skills and therapies, providing them with the learning they need to be effective clinicians and build successful careers. LSBU is the only London university to offer Chiropractic courses. Our new Chiropractic Clinic will give our students a head start in their future profession to build successful careers in healthcare.”
To find out more about the LSBU Chiropractic Clinic or book an appointment, email or call 0207 815 8346.