LSBU policy launched to increase support for staff who experience the menopauseAn ambitious new policy to support employees and raise wider awareness and understanding among all staff about the menopause
LSBU has launched an ambitious new policy to increase support for staff who experience the menopause. The LSBU Menopause Policy (PDF File 161 KB) aims to enable employees to continue being effective in their jobs and to raise wider awareness and understanding among all staff about the menopause.
The new LSBU Menopause Policy will increase support to staff who experience the menopause by:
- Agreeing individual plans to support the needs of staff who experience the menopause
- Providing information to all staff who are directly or indirectly affected by the menopause
- Offering guidance to all LSBU managers about supporting staff who experience the menopause
- Delivering training on women’s health issues, including the menopause, to all LSBU managers
- Raising awareness and understanding among all 2000 LSBU staff about the effects of the menopause to develop an understanding and supportive culture.
Marcelle Moncrieffe-Johnson, LSBU Group Chief People Officer, said, “Our new Menopause Policy will ensure the individual needs of all LSBU staff who experience the menopause are met. We will provide information and training to all LSBU staff and will support employees who experience the menopause with a range of adjustments to their working conditions including flexible working.
“The new Menopause Policy demonstrates LSBU’s strong commitment to strengthen our culture of respect, dignity and fairness so all employees receive the support they need for their health and wellbeing.”