LSBU appoints Professor Alex Kendall as new Dean of the School of Law and Social Sciences
Professor Alex Kendall has been appointed as the new Dean of the School of Law and Social Sciences at London South Bank University (LSBU). Professor Kendall is currently Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise in the Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences at Birmingham City University.
Professor Kendall is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) that works to enhance the quality of learning and teaching in higher education. HEA Fellowship is an international recognition of an individual academic’s commitment to professionalism in teaching and learning in higher education.
Professor Kendall is a leading UK author of research into education development and innovation. Examples of her research papers include:
- ‘Rethinking quality and excellence in teaching and learning in higher education’, ‘Re-reading research in practice as an everyday habit of professional practice’ and ‘Creative research methods in a major transnational partnership’ in UK and Vietnam
- ‘Parental engagement with newly arrived families’ and ‘Teachers’ learning to work with refugee families’
- ‘Literacy Learning with a Peer-Led Prison Reading Scheme’
- ‘Re-thinking employability with a literacies lens’
- ‘Playing and resisting: Rethinking young people's reading cultures’
Professor Alex Kendall said: “I am delighted to have been appointed as the new Dean of the School of Law and Social Sciences at LSBU. I’m looking forward to working with the brilliant staff across the School to support LSBU Law and Social Sciences students to develop the advanced skills they need to build successful careers.”
Professor Tara Dean, LSBU Provost said: “Professor Alex Kendall will bring strategic leadership and a renewed focus on research excellence as LSBU’s new Dean of the School of Law and Social Sciences. Her senior leadership experience at Birmingham City University and the University of Wolverhampton means she will also bring extensive operational experience which will support the development of the School of Law and Social Sciences at LSBU.”