LSBU announces new £4million Media CentreLSBU has announced plans for a new cutting-edge Media Centre which will enrich learning for students in its School of Arts and Creative Industries
The centre represents a £4million investment by LSBU to create an industry-ready media facility which will ensure graduates have the best possible experience and employment outcomes in a fast changing digital media landscape.
Due to be completed in late 2015 – the Media Centre will include:
- Studio and production spaces - with lighting rigs and green screen – for students studying film, photography, sound design and digital design
- An innovative sound recording studio
- 11 editing suites for post-production work in film, sound, journalism and games
- A fully equipped radio studio
- Screening Room
- A dedicated print room for photography and design
- Computers that run all the major software packages found in a professional environment
- 'Kit room' with extended opening hours for students to borrow equipment
Professor Janet Jones, Dean of the School of Arts and Creative Industries, said: "At LSBU we offer courses at the forefront of creative thinking and multimedia digital practice. Our graduates go onto careers at the leading-edge of the creative industries – from film and media production to television and video games. As the professionals of tomorrow, they expect and deserve the sort of industry-spec technology that will be on offer in the new Media Centre. "
The School of Arts and Creative Industries includes the subject areas of Film Practice, Film Studies, Digital Design, Photography, Games Design, Sound Design, Arts and Festival Management, Drama and Performance, English and Creative Writing, Multimedia Journalism, Drama & Technical Theatre, Digital Film, Digital Photography and New Media.