Is the media misrepresenting violent acts against women?
Welcome to The South Bank Think Tank, the podcast that covers the big questions in our society across community health, digital innovation, sustainability, education and social justice.
This episode, we’re tackling a difficult topic: violence against women and girls. The death of Sarah Everard in March 2021 has brought issues surrounding violence against women to the forefront of our minds and under increased media spotlight. But to what extent is our news coverage portraying an accurate presentation of these issues?
Download the episode now from your favourite podcast app or listen below.
- Support for LSBU students and staff - here
- Level up - We’re working together for GENDER JUSTICE in the UK
- RISE - Freedom from domestic abuse
- Parliamentary insight into domestic violence during Covid-19
- Refuge Charity - Domestic Violence Help
- Dissecting Difference: Women, Violence and Intersectionality event (23 June 2021) - register here