Frequently asked questions about clearing
Clearing is the system used at the end of the academic year for those students who are applying for the first time, or who have changed their mind about a degree or university.
Clearing is your chance to find a place at LSBU.
Studying at LSBU gives you access to some of London’s most exciting businesses, with placements, work experience and courses designed in partnership with industry. Here you'll get the experience you need for the working world, before you graduate.
- haven’t applied to a university yet
- are not holding any offers, or have not been given an offer for a course you want
- don’t receive the grades you expect
- have simply changed your mind about where or what you want to study
We are here to help you find your own version of success and take you from application to graduation.
Clearing opens on 5 July 2023 and you can sign up for priority access updates in advance.
Clearing ends on 17 October 2023, although depending on availability some courses may close earlier, so make sure you sign up for priority access updates in advance.
- Plan ahead – We know Clearing can be busy, so plan ahead and beat the rush. Find out what we offer and see why we are the right uni for you.
- Know your expected and achieved grades – But also make sure you write down some important points about yourself. We are interested in your potential and not just your grades.
- Consider your options – Check the courses available and find the best match for your future. Sometimes the most obvious choice may not be the only choice. Check the course modules and how assessments work, and if you have any questions make sure you call us on 0800 923 8888.
- Understand Clearing at LSBU – Watch our helpful videos so you are familiar with the Clearing process. You could be ready to apply or still waiting for your results. Either way we can help.
You can apply to LSBU through any of the following
- On UCAS – If you have already registered on UCAS for this year just log into your UCAS account and make LSBU your Clearing choice.
- Direct on our Clearing site – When Clearing opens, we will have a direct application form that will come straight to our Admissions Team. Many applicants can get an offer within 5 mins.
- Call our Clearing Team 24/7 – our fantastic Admissions professionals are on the end of the phone to help through the application, confirm offers or talk you through the processes. Give us a call on 0800 923 8888
- Pop into our Clearing Centre – Applicants (and parents/guardians) can come along to our Hub on London Road (100 - 116 London Rd, Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6LN) and speak to us in person.
At LSBU we take a well rounded holistic view when it comes to making offers. We firmly believe in looking at the Applicant rather than just what is on an application. This ensures we accept students not only on the grades they get but also on their potential to be successful on their chosen course.
When making a decision we look at
- All qualifications achieved including A-Levels, BTECS, GCSEs and anything equivalent or deemed to be non-standard
- Personal statements, performance at interview or audition as well as any portfolios of work
- We also review any previous skills, knowledge or experience you have gained outside of your education and are happy to talk through any extenuating circumstances you feel relevant.
Check out our Parents/carers guide.
If you have more questions, we’re here to help. Give us a call on 0800 923 8888