Digital Skills business support for London SMEsWant to futureproof your business? This event will support with your digital business needs Register Now
About this event
Are you a London based business that needs digital and creative solutions? Do you consider yourself a digital disruptor? have you encountered recent Tech graduates that do not meet your requirements? Need an Intern to help your business?
If you've been considering digitising an aspect of your business processes, creating a new digital product or expanding your business' digital skills set, we can help.
- Benefits of attending this event
- Receive practical support as you get your business ready for digital business, the new normal post COVID-19
- Raise your Cyber Security awareness and how to protect your business from cyber-attacks
- Get access to On-line Start-up & Scale-up business strategy with SimVenture Evolution
- Get access to digital skills support from our trained students
- You could win the ultimate digital promo kit to support your digital marketing efforts, and ...
Digital Grid Partnership at LSBU can assist you and your business with:
- Database design, development and analysis - so you can ensure your CRM, POS or any other form of data collection software is fit for your purpose;
- Data mining and analytics - so you're able to gain deep customer insights to inform lead generation;
- AR/VR (Immersive Tech) app development - so you'll be able to bring your products, customer experience and marketing into 2020!
- User experience (UX) and User interface (UI) design for your tech and web products - so you can be sure your customers are able to swiftly find what they need and follow through with their purchase;
11am- Digital Grid Partnership: Building a talent pipeline for the digital economy. Cyber Security in a nutshell - Dr Safia Barikzai, Associate Professor School of Engineering
1pm -Lunch Break
2pm - Business Gamification - access to On-line Start-up & Scale-up business strategy game
4pm - Join LSBU’s thriving business community - Sandra Turner, ESF Programme Manager
4.30pm - Reflections & future collaboration - Dr Safia Barikzai, Associate Professor School of Engineering
5pm - Close
This event will be delivered virtually using Zoom. The joining instructions will be sent out 3 days before the event.
Win an amazing prize!
Attending this event gives you a chance to win the ultimate beginners kit to help step you your digital marketing! One winner will get:
- iPad Pro 11 inch 64gb Silver/Space Grey WIFI, RRP £769.00
- Apple Smart Folio Keyboard Case for 11-inch iPad Pro, RRP £179.00
- Apple Pencil (2nd Generation), RRP £119.00
- Canon EOS 2000D Black Digital SLR Camera, RRP £429.99, including EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens;- Shoulder Bag;- SD Card
- Tairoad Lightweight Tripod, RRP £32.99;
- Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan, RRP £9.98/month including VAT (provided for 12 months from prize redemption);
- HAVOX Photo Studio HPB-40XD, RRP £137.77
- Yuanj Professional 360 Degree Electric Rotating Turntable for Photography, RRP £78.99.
Eligibility criteria applies to this event.
To benefit, you must:
- Be a registered SME with the digital skills need;
- Be located in London;
- Have less than 250 employees;
- Have a turnover below £43 million.
We reserve the right to cancel your place if you are not eligible for this event.
Masterclasses on offer...
Be part of the team that shapes the future of digital skills in London – join three specialist masterclasses however places are limited to 10 businesses on each of the streams below...
Gamification and Virtual Reality in Digital Enterprise Training
We explore the role of gamification and virtual reality in digital enterprise skills training. Participants will use the latest tools in immersive tech to explore training needs of SMEs, focus on digital enterprise and experience entrepreneurship in action through the use of Simventure Evolution – online business simulation and strategy game.
Machine Learning & Analytics
This highly interactive session on machine learning and analytics will explore the latest research and development in this field, with practical hands-on exploration.
3D Modeling and 3D printing
Another highly interactive session that will explore the world of 3D modelling from a business perspective. We will look at 3D models, learn how to customise existing designs and finally print to our 3D printers!
We will explore virtual worlds and immersive technologies and how it can bring a positive impact to your business in this masterclass.
More about the Digital Grid Partnership...
Supported by the Mayor of London and funded through the European Social Fund (ESF), Digital Grid Partnership project is a responsive programme that aids the collaboration between universities/colleges and start-ups, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and micro-enterprises (micros) in identifying vital digital training requirements, so they can stay competitive and resilient against the rapid changes in the developing technological sector. Led by Dr Safia Barikzai, Associate Professor in Computer Science at LSBU, SMEs will have the unique opportunity to influence curriculum relevant to digital and creative industries such that our students are better equipped to meet the needs of small and medium enterprises.
WE need you on the Digital Grid partnership! Help us design the digital skills qualifications of the future. Be part of the digital transformation.