To be eligible for this bursary you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have received an offer on our undergraduate BSc Building Surveying or BSc Quantity Surveying courses, due to start your studies in September 2021.
- You identifying as being from a black or minority ethnic background.
In addition, you must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Your household income is less than £25,000 per annum.
- You are the first generation in the family to progress to higher education (i.e. your parents have not been to university although if your siblings have, you are still eligible).
- If you are under the age of 25, the occupation of your main household earner is classified as semi-routine, routine, or never worked / long-term unemployed in the NS-SEC classifications here.
- You have a disability or a long-term health condition for which Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is not available.
- You are under the age of 25 years and have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in care or are estranged from your family.
- You are recognised by social services as a young adult carer.