Student careers and employabilityWe’re at the heart of the action
We have strong links with leading organisations across the Capital and beyond, so you’ll have first-class placement opportunities on your doorstep, with the likes of Guy's and St Thomas‘, Great Ormond Street and Royal College of Midwives.
You’ll experience working in multidisciplinary teams that reflect the way people work in healthcare today. Having access to world-renowned experts will also aid the development of your clinical skills, ensuring that you’ll become a well-rounded practitioner who can rise to face any challenge thrown your way!
The Institute of Health and Social Care is part of the wider healthcare and wellbeing community. We’re proud to support the NHS, and we work closely with Local Authority’s like Southwark Council and private healthcare provides across the world.
As a university, we undertake research that makes a difference, whilst our 7,000+ student body go on to become valued members of the healthcare community across London, the South East and beyond.
We work with the following NHS Trusts and hospitals:
- Guy's and St Thomas‘ NHS Foundation Trust
- The Evelina Hospital
- Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust
- Barts Health
- University College London Hospitals
- Central London Community Health
- Kings Hospital
- South London and Maudsley NHS Trust
- Croydon Hospital NHS Trust
- Barking Havering and Redbridge University NHS Trust
- St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Hammersmith Hospital
- Charing Cross Hospital
- Queen's Hospital
- Kent and Canterbury Hospital
- Northwick Park Hospital
- Oxleas NHS Trust
- Addenbrookes Hospital
- Royal Free Hospital
- HCA Lister
- Southwark Council
- Lambeth Council
- Havering Council
- Barking & Dagenham Council
- Waltham Forest Council
- Lewisham Council
- Croydon Council
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) job centres
- Healthcare UK (FCO,DOH,DIT collaboration on Int. developments in health)
- ISystems College, Malaysia
- Singapore General Hospital
Where can I do my placement?
Visit your course’s page for more information on the placement opportunities available.