Collaborations and partnershipsWe work with 60+ NHS partner organisations across all five London NHS regions (and beyond), and private healthcare in the UK and internationally
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is part of the wider healthcare and wellbeing community. We’re proud to support the NHS and work closely with Local Authority’s like Southwark Council, plus private healthcare provides across the world.
We’re a name with value
LSBU's Institute of Health and Social Care has a long and well-deserved reputation for providing high quality education and training. As a university, LSBU undertakes research that makes a difference.
The number of NHS partner organisations we work with
That’s how many teaching and research staff we have, each with connections across the wider healthcare community
The number of amazing, inspirational and talented students we have in the Institute of Health and Social Care
Continuing Professional Development
LSBU is the largest provider of CPPD for the health and social care workforce in the South East and is proud of its high reputation in the field.
The School works with more than 60+ NHS partner organisations in and around London to deliver a wide range of educational programmes for a variety of healthcare professionals. These include bands 1-4 workers, nurses, midwives, social workers and many Allied Health professionals.
The Southwark Campus has sophisticated facilities including 14 interprofessional skills laboratories and the Havering Campus provides high quality educational facilities.
Find out more about our Continuing Professional Development and NHS Partners.
Formal academic partnerships
The School has formal academic partnerships with several education providers both in the UK and overseas. These include:
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – PGCert Mammographic Studies course
- Royal College of Midwives – Return to Practice Course
- St Francis Hospice – Palliative Care courses
- Epilepsy Society – Epilepsy courses
- Great Ormond Street Hospital – courses and modules for healthcare support workers
- Institute of Optometry – Doctorate in Optometry
- ISystems College, Malaysia – BSc Hons in Nursing Studies
- Singapore General Hospital – BSc Hons Radiographic Studies and MSc Magnetic Resonance Imaging