Student experienceOur highly vocational courses prepare you for your future career
We aim to support you throughout your undergraduate studies at the School. Our teaching and learning includes:
- placements with major health and social institutions in London and the South East
- seminars, online learning environments and specialist advice sessions
- applied research and vocational workshops
- debates, group work and discussion
- practical application of learning
- mix of assessment methods
At postgraduate level:
- training in research methods and assistance with independent research projects, which can be linked to your interest, professional development and/or employment
- range of assessment methods
- practical application of research to real-world scenarios
- extra clinics offering support outside lecture and tutorial sessions
The School’s links with industry and LSBU’s dedicated Careers Service will help you find work placements and jobs in your field of interest with renowned health organisations, valued social institutions and voluntary organisations. With our central London location many companies’ and organisations’ headquarters are at your doorstep. We are the only university to offer placements with Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Our newly-opened Student Centre at LSBU is a central hub for support and employment information, group study or to meet staff informally. It offers students support in IT, maths and communication skills for academic and professional development. The centre is also home to the Students' Union, café and bar.
LSBU’s Southwark campus is within easy reach by bus, train, London Underground or bicycle. We’re a popular choice for part-time and day release students. Stay in our halls of residence or nearby in private rented accommodation and you'll have the perfect base to explore the city and its many world-renowned attractions.
At LSBU, we provide students and alumni with a supportive environment to learn entrepreneurial skills and gain the confidence to start and grow successful businesses.
Our support includes inspirational talks from visiting entrepreneurs, practical workshops, taster sessions, competitions, enterprise schemes and other special events.
Visit Student Enterprise for more information.