Undergraduate offer holdersWith a range of events and opportunities, we support you before you join LSBU, as well as when you’re here
To ensure that we make life as easy as possible, all full-time undergraduate Home/EU students starting with LSBU Business School in September 2021 will be invited to a number of sessions and services.
Offer holder events
Congratulations on your offer to study with LSBU Business School! You will be invited to exclusive Offer Holder events with lecturers, university staff and students. These are a brilliant opportunity to find out why LSBU and LSBU Business School is right for you, and to meet our inspiring team.
Please keep an eye on your emails for your invitation.
Opportunities for Business School students
- Professional accreditation across most courses – including ACCA; ICAEW; CIMA; IFA; AAT ;CIPD; CMI; CIM; Prince2; IOEE. Our accreditations truly reflect the quality of our courses and how they’re recognised by industry standards for the 21st century.
- Full access to professional bodies' teaching and supports materials such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Free language classes to all – pick from Spanish to Italian and even mandarin, a new language will prepare you for the global world of business.
- Business Solutions Centre - Students of the LSBU Business School provide consultancy services and support to local businesses. A great learning opportunity to enhance your CV and employability.
- Mentoring and Coaching is integrated into our teaching, to support both your professional and personal development. Our personal mentors are devoted to student happiness and go the extra mile.
- IoD membership (a competitive but development opportunity application process) - LSBU students and the IoD organise a number of development and networking opportunities, along with having a student award available for LSBU students to apply for.
- Internship opportunities in many of our courses – gain work-based experience to enhance your employability
- NIBS – the Network of International Business Schools Competition is a fantastic opportunity to network with peers, challenge your business acumen, apply your theoretical learning and travel to amazing places. With the competition taking place in a different country each year, in the past LSBU students have travelled to Canada, Finland, Guatemala and Germany to participate.
- University Business Challenge – Each year we enter a number of teams into the world’s longest standing undergraduate simulation-based competition designed to develop employability and enterprise skills.
- Hackathons – an electrifying event that challenges your presentation, problem-solving and team-working skills in a timed environment to solve a business case problem.
- Leadership Book Club – an informal opportunity to meet friends and peers but to also focus on books that will develop your professional skills and hone your understanding of the business world.
- Research Today! seminars – an event series organised by our director of research, focusing on leading research by our academic team, along with regular guests delivering insight and providing opportunities for stimulating discussions on academic research relevant to our society today.
- Accounting, Finance and Economics students have access to and training on Bloomberg terminals in the new Business School Bloomberg Suite. Read about how an LSBU student won the Bloomberg investment challenge.
As an offer holder, you may want to start thinking about accommodation, finance, support and key dates for the university academic year. Find out more via the links below.